Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

I've heard he may be in with a chance of getting game time on Saturday.  Lets hope he replaces Westwood at some stage, if not from the start.

Straight out of the book of desperation.....

one of Timmy's (many) problems is not knowing his best side or giving a team a few games to gel - he chops and changes too much in sheer hope that something might go his way. 

I like Gardner but he isn't the answer IMO.

Debatable and this doesn't seem desperate at all. Tim said he wanted Gardner in and around the first team this season hence why he gave him a new contract. Gardner got injured early into our season and has been out ever since. Last season, Gardner did very well on loan and he definitely seemed like an premier league player. No reason not to give him a chance. He is a deep lying play maker like Westwood, but he has a lot more size, can defend, and is capable of scoring. Don't seem how giving Gardner a chance is a bad thing especially with how poor the other options have been lately. 

I've heard he may be in with a chance of getting game time on Saturday.  Lets hope he replaces Westwood at some stage, if not from the start.

Straight out of the book of desperation.....

one of Timmy's (many) problems is not knowing his best side or giving a team a few games to gel - he chops and changes too much in sheer hope that something might go his way. 

I like Gardner but he isn't the answer IMO.

Debatable and this doesn't seem desperate at all. Tim said he wanted Gardner in and around the first team this season hence why he gave him a new contract. Gardner got injured early into our season and has been out ever since. Last season, Gardner did very well on loan and he definitely seemed like an premier league player. No reason not to give him a chance. He is a deep lying play maker like Westwood, but he has a lot more size, can defend, and is capable of scoring. Don't seem how giving Gardner a chance is a bad thing especially with how poor the other options have been lately. 

If he is fit he is worth a punt, Sanchez, Veretout and Westwood dont seem to be up to much

I haven't seen anything of Gardner (yes, he's had terrible injuries) to suggest he would be better than any of the other midfielders.

However, my main point is Timmy keeps on chopping and changing playing staff week in, week out so we have no chance of players gelling and finding a bit of form as a unit.

This, to me, smacks of desperation from Sherwood (it would be if he even threw N'Zogbia back into the team). I don't think Sanchez, Gana, Westwood (should be renamed Scapegoat) and Veretout are bad at all but they've not performed like a 'Tim Sherwood Team' so instead of training and guiding the players, Timmy picks another selection of players (with his fingers firmly crossed, hoping the soccer gods smile upon it).

The reason we're crap is the lack of direction and tactical ability of our manager. No amount or different combinations of players are going to change that.

I think GG being billed as our potential saviour is nothing more than Sherwood saying "These players you bought me are so rubbish I'm having to use academy players to try and save you from relegation."

The club might indulge him while they find a replacement, but I think they'll see through it. Still, it'd be great if GG really is all that.

Won't be playing tonight. He has tweeted good luck to the team for tonight's game. 

That's really unfortunate. I really want to see him in the first team. He did well for Forrest and reportedly was doing well in preseason before his injury if I remember correctly.

Won't be playing tonight. He has tweeted good luck to the team for tonight's game. 

That's really unfortunate. I really want to see him in the first team. He did well for Forrest and reportedly was doing well in preseason before his injury if I remember correctly.

Yeah me too. Don't think he's injured again, just too soon for him yet by the way he worded the tweet.

Another 3 days of hard training under my belt with the team! Wanna wish the boys good luck tonight lets get the win #utv #avfc!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would imagine the various management teams we have are concluding his body simply isn't up to premier league football and the intensity it has particularly with the injuries he keeps on picking up in training after two serious ones hence he dosen't get a sniff.

Think he needs a fresh start somewhere else, he'll make a good career lower down no doubt. 

Â