Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

59 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Thanks mate, it fills me with pride that you love me, it really does, I'll sleep easily tonight ;) he was brilliant as a kid

Very true, apart from Sid and Barry, the best  midfield youngster I have watched at VP, in the same England youth set ups as Whiltshire but more highly rated than him in the England camp

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Thanks mate, it fills me with pride that you love me, it really does, I'll sleep easily tonight ;) he was brilliant as a kid

Who was the 4th player when he got interviewed at 17 for England along with I'm sure Wilshere and bostock? Might have been shelvey

gardner got 2 bad injuries before he even started, Wilshere started and then got the injuries, bostock was a bellend and threw it all away...id be more annoyed if we had bostock, I don't think GG is that

51 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Like most of the other midfielders at the club, he plays better in a 3 man midfield than a 2. Think that is why he wasn't particularly great under RDM. 

You have to have a very strong team to play only 2 in the middlle and be successful.....The players themselves need to be very accomplished too.

i.e The old Leeds team with Giles & Bremner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Who was the 4th player when he got interviewed at 17 for England along with I'm sure Wilshere and bostock? Might have been shelvey

gardner got 2 bad injuries before he even started, Wilshere started and then got the injuries, bostock was a bellend and threw it all away...id be more annoyed if we had bostock, I don't think GG is that

I seem to remember (or imagine) it was Rodwell? 

30 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Memories, imagination, I often confuse the two :huh:

Rodwell was probably in another one like Gardner a player who had a massive future at 18 

Edited by dn1982
  • Like 1

Yep was shelvey...

Gards

The talent pool is shrinking, the paths to Premier League teams are blocked by expensive imports and England have just crashed out of the European U17 Championships in a chastening experience for the best talents in the land. Sportsmail's MATT BARLOW was allowed exclusive access to the brightest stars of the future and found a bunch of kids having fun...but desperately serious about living the dream.

• 2 weeks later...

He's just a very basic player who doesn't really do anything that good. He is mid table quality for this league so given we have ambitions beyond that he really is a prime candidate for replacement. A central midfield three of Gardner, Jedniak and Westwood is not going to achieve anything in this league. 

Â