Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

He's been solid,  a real winner in the Steve Bruce balanced team and simple tactics revolution. 

However we have to look for an upgrade in January if we want to get serious but good to know he can come in and do a job if needed. 

• Like 2

Big game on Sunday. Being a local lad I've got a feeling its going to go one way or the other with no middle ground. He could play a blinder or just as easily get himself sent off. 

Gardner's improvement in form, its all Bruce's fault. :P I am expecting some form reversal in other players, as the team relearns how to play football.

2 hours ago, meregreen said:

He does have the ability to score from range. Would love to see him score at the Sty tomorrow ala Bruce Rioch in 1970. A net buster in front of the Tilton that still brings a warm glow in my memories.

He has the type of shot Tonev was supposed to have, lol. That being said, Kodjia looks to have a screamer in his tank too!

28 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Nice goal, but apart from that he's been an absolute wet fart today.

Agreed. I'm not really sure what he offers. 

I mean, not great overall, but let's be fair, he's been much better since he got back in the team and that was a genuinely superb header. It's easy to say 'apart from the goal, he was shit' but it's also true to say 'apart from the goal, we would have lost'. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rbcuk said:

Previous 2 games he's played well, no coincidence that when Westwood comes back into the team he didn't play as well as previous games

No coincidence? Why? 

Him being poor HAS to be Westwood''s fault. 100%. Ashley bang to rights.

Or... he just had a poor game, because he wasn't very good.

50/50 I'm sure.

• Like 1

For me, at fault for the goal. Dived in and allowed Davis just shift the ball and get a shot in. If he stood his ground, it wouldn't have happened. Pleased for the lad to get the goal, very disappointed elsewhere.

• Like 1

Â