Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

I thought Gardner would get some game time this season. Would have liked to have seen him play in the League Cup against Orient. I hope he gets plenty of game time until January. He has then got to prove that he is capable of playing in the Pl. Good luck Gary.

As everyone else has said, good move.

He should be aiming to do well there and come back with confidence and a make or break attitude.

Always thought a lot of him, seems like a good guy with a lot of talent.  Hope he does well :)

He looked good in pre-season, pinging long passes around like Gerrard. I hope he gets a fair few games under his belt. Maybe him and Bennett can both come back better players? I wonder whether this means that the KEA move is off.

Is it a good move when we've only given him a 12 month extension? Surely we need to see him in a villa shirt as we've only given him a short time to prove himself. Let's be honest doing well in the championship is not really evidence that he will make it here, as a lot of our recent purchases have shown.

Is it a good move when we've only given him a 12 month extension? Surely we need to see him in a villa shirt as we've only given him a short time to prove himself. Let's be honest doing well in the championship is not really evidence that he will make it here, as a lot of our recent purchases have shown.

It's giving him more of an opportunity of a longer contract than him not getting to play at all. A good run and he might be competing for a start when he comes back, which he's unlikely to be doing barring injuries as it stands with just U21 and maybe a cup appearance to play in.

He got a 2 year deal IIRC

Think it's a smart move as if he does well he can either fight for a place here or we can sell him and receive a fee , which is better than letting him walk for free like Abrighton 

Must be the most overated academy player to come out of our club.

I'm not counting Ethan Moore

I don't know how you can call him overated when injuries have robbed us of the chance to ever see him at his best.

but by all means slag the lad off after two cruciates.

• Like 1

Â