Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

We should have more faith in the young players.

Cahill

Gardner

Ridgewell

Davis

L Moore

Could have saved us fortunes- Ireland, warnock, etc

Yet Cahill the only one that would really improve us right now in my opinion. And I'd say all of those players had plenty of first team opportunities. Every team gets it wrong now and then with the youngsters, but I'd say Villa have gotten it right more often than wrong. 

Would add with Cahill, he wanted to leave as he was 4th choice at the time. MON didn't really want him to go but didn't stand in his way. We got around £5million for him which is not to be sniffed at for a 4th choice central defender.

Cahill went backwards (by joining a lesser team) in order to further his carreer

I can't see why everyone gets so giddy about our youngsters, they hardly ever work out ultimately.

• Like 1

Is there any proof that Gary Gardner even exists ?

I heard the stories as a kid but it's strange that you never actually meet anyone who has physically met him or seen him play .

Notice how you never see him and HairyHands in the same room together :suspect:

He's in a new FIFA video looking a bit chubby round the gills

Is there any proof that Gary Gardner even exists ?

I heard the stories as a kid but it's strange that you never actually meet anyone who has physically met him or seen him play .

Of course he exists. There's a twitter account and everything!

Id give him a 2 year deal and send him out on loan. But looks like Lambert doesnt rate him. Never uses him or talks about him.

Could be because he's been injured for the majority of the last two seasons?

then send him out on loan

Gary Gardner is a strange one. He was so highly rated but Lambert seems reluctant to give him a chance. I know he has not long returned from injury but surely he needs games now,  if it's not here then maybe a month's loan elsewhere would be beneficial to everyone. Personally I would give him a chance just to try and give the midfield a different option.

We should have more faith in the young players.

Cahill

Gardner

Ridgewell

Davis

L Moore

Could have saved us fortunes- Ireland, warnock, etc

Yet Cahill the only one that would really improve us right now in my opinion. And I'd say all of those players had plenty of first team opportunities. Every team gets it wrong now and then with the youngsters, but I'd say Villa have gotten it right more often than wrong.

all those players are better than what we have now by miles

Needs regular football, much in the same way Delph struggled through it for a year or two or so while he got used to his effectively new knee.

Gardner, unless we have catastrophic injuries to the likes of Delph/Westwood/El Ahmadi at the same time, isn't going to get that here. So whether he has to leave on a free or via the loan system (which would indeed be my preference as the lad deserves a chance here when he's fully fit), he needs to do it sharpish for the sake of his career.

• Like 1

Needs regular football, much in the same way Delph struggled through it for a year or two or so while he got used to his effectively new knee.

Gardner, unless we have catastrophic injuries to the likes of Delph/Westwood/El Ahmadi at the same time, isn't going to get that here. So whether he has to leave on a free or via the loan system (which would indeed be my preference as the lad deserves a chance here when he's fully fit), he needs to do it sharpish for the sake of his career.

Gardner really needs to be covered by a contract extension and sent out on loan.

He was always hyped up by Villa supporters, and got great reviews in the reserves, but in his few appearances for the first team, I thought he was not very impressive.

However, it is unfair to judge on a couple of performances, and a spell on loan would be a better indication of his talent or otherwise. 

Maybe he is not quite good enough for first team yet but they don't want to send him on loan until he signs a contract extension at a lower wage than he was on previously.

They want to give him a contract extension and are worried that if he goes on loan and impresses someone else will come in for him at a higher wage than we want to give him.

So we keep him here until end of season under the radar so nobody else knows whether it would be worthwhile to risk any money on him, give him a contract extension at our price, then send him on loan.

Could this be an explanation?

Maybe he is not quite good enough for first team yet but they don't want to send him on loan until he signs a contract extension at a lower wage than he was on previously.

They want to give him a contract extension and are worried that if he goes on loan and impresses someone else will come in for him at a higher wage than we want to give him.

So we keep him here until end of season under the radar so nobody else knows whether it would be worthwhile to risk any money on him, give him a contract extension at our price, then send him on loan.

Nice theory,but he's 21 and our midfield is shit bar Delph or Westy havin a good day.IF he's good enough he should be playing.

Nice theory,but he's 21 and our midfield is shit bar Delph or Westy havin a good day.IF he's good enough he should be playing.

Agree with this, if Gardner is not good enough to get a game ahead of KEA, Westwood or Sylla he must be the worst midfielder in the world ever

Seems unlikely.

Surely the club could just agree a contract extension now if they were so inclined and send him out on loan.

And - `under the radar' - anytime the radar has caught him he has been unimpressive, so I do not see a rush of clubs to sign him!

He needs a loan deal to prove himself.

Â