Brad Guzan

R.Bear

he has always looked good in a 'one off' - last time the problems started when he was playing week in \ week out - he couldnt seem to put his mistakes behind him.

hopefully he has matured - thought he did well enough yesterday

Guzan has never played week in week out, hence it being his first Premiership start on the weekend......

I thought he looked good against Bolton as well. As an American, I've seen him play quite a bit for the U.S.A. and in the MLS. Coming off his line for crosses will always be a problem with him, it's just something he's never been great at. It'll be interesting to see how he does the rest of the month. I remember in the MLS Brad would play well for about a month at a time and then just lose it and concede some really bad goals. Hopefully his consistency has been fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the undenial plus of the month has to be Guzan.

I thought this was the game he'd really struggle in but thought he had excellent command of the area throughout which really surprised me.

I'd give him a new contract without hesitation as he's proved he can come in and do a good job but can understand if he wants to leave and be a number one somewhere else.

If he keeps it up I see no reason why he shouldn't its healthy. Stoke have done it with Begovic and Sorensen this season.

But yep, excellent today, even though he didn't have a save to make. Although that wasn't our concern, it was how he controlled his area and he did it superbly apart from the one time he missed it.

he was my MOM against Stoke.

I rate Shay Given as the better keeper.. but if Shay was playing we would have lost. Shay stays on his line alot and never comes to collect crosses. The way Guzan came and collected.. two particularly was quite impressive. Didnt think he had that in him.

Still early days, but Guzan has certainly has proven himself over the past couple of weeks, making a tough decision when Shay does return. In my opinion it would be hard to take a goalie performing so well and immediately drop him to the bench, I mean what does that do to one's confidence. Similar to Guzan getting us to the Carling Cup Final only to not be played by MON (albeit a bit different situations, but still must have a damaging effect). I suppose we shall see, but for now I am loving Guzan's presence in the back and definitely think he has a command on the defense.

IIRC Guzan's weaknesses were exposed against Blackburn and were not so much in relation to coming out for crosses but more allowing himself to get pushed around and blocked from the ball in all the argy-bargy. All in all though he has been a real strength for us and based on what I have seen he really wouldn't look out of place in the number 1 position in most mid-lower Premiership teams.

Was brilliant today. His weaknesses against set-pieces from 2 years ago seem to have disappeared. In all honesty since coming into the team he hasnt really put a foot wrong in 4 games. A new contract might be deserved

Â