Brad Guzan

R.Bear

He has, I don't doubt it. From what Guzan has shown though, there's little difference between them.

And given (see what I did there) that Brad has age and a much better injury record on his side I can't see that letting Given go would harm us too much.

I hope he doesn't sign a new contract.

I think he's better than back up and I think he deserves football. If I were the club I'd be shopping him right now, we might even make a million or two in January.

We's be better off selling Given and getting Brad to sign a new contract

I guess that depends how much you rate Given. I think he's been bloody fantastic for us.

Given has been good but he is older and injury prone. Guzan has been just as good as Given for us so far. If we decided to keep Guzan as our #1, I wouldn't be nervous with him in net. Guzan deserves something for all the time he has waited.

From Sunday, Guzan is free to sign a pre-contract with other clubs. I say sign him to a long extension and offer him a payraise. Even if we doubled his wages (he'd probably accept far less than that), he'd still be on 10k per week less than Given. Hang on to Given until the end of the season and see if we can get a couple million for him. The youth keeper Benjamin Siegrist is a great prospect from what I've heard...

I wouldn't sell Given and keep Guzan as I think that would be crazy. Given is one of the best keepers in the country and I'd go as far as to say in his profession right now. I like Guzan and would like to see him sign a new contract but he seems reluctant to do so. But if he was any better then I'm sure he would have impressed in training but he is still number two. I think he's improved beyong recognition as a keeper who was dodgy under the high ball but he looks to have overcome that. maybe give him a run of say 4 or 5 games and see what happens?

Given has signed a long term contract, he is hardly likely to be leaving.

If Guzan stays he will still be a number 2 for some time, it is likely he has put himslef in the shop window by taking this oppurtunity to show what he can do and you can't blame him.

I wouldn't sell Given and keep Guzan as I think that would be crazy. Given is one of the best keepers in the country and I'd go as far as to say in his profession right now. I like Guzan and would like to see him sign a new contract but he seems reluctant to do so. But if he was any better then I'm sure he would have impressed in training but he is still number two. I think he's improved beyong recognition as a keeper who was dodgy under the high ball but he looks to have overcome that. maybe give him a run of say 4 or 5 games and see what happens?

A keeper isn't going to get the number 1 spot unless the guy in front of him is playing terribly or gets injured. While we had Friedel neither happens and he was stuck. Now that Given is injured he has come in and done very well. I'd hate to see him dropped as soon as Given becomes available if he keeps up current form.

i agree, even when given is back fit, it wouldnt be fair for him to take his place back and guzan to be dropped, surely even given as a professional can see that, after all, he was dropped behind a kid at man city, guzan should be given a long enough run out to prove himself

I wouldn't sell either of them its all about a squad.

up to now, Guzan has done nothing wrong....He has the shirt he has to lose it.

If team spirit is to be maintained fair play has to exist.

Even given himself would say, Guzan deserves to stay with the shirt.

We have to get back to performances winning shirts not names.

Which is all well and good, except Given did nothing to lose the shirt aside from pick up a knock. He was brilliant, is brilliant.

Which is all well and good, except Given did nothing to lose the shirt aside from pick up a knock. He was brilliant, is brilliant.

My point is, despite brilliant performances, I agree, he is not in command of the shirt.

Its a matter of opinion of course, but unless you have a world class goalscorer v a youth striker and the gap is too obvious for words then I believe the man in command of the shirt should keep it, until he loses it through injury or poor performance or suspension.

I believe that encourages fair play and team spirit.

I think we know where he is gonna end up in the summer.

Absolutely gutted that he is going though.

**** hate the squad at the minute. Decent people that are gonna be leaving, and we have clearings in the woods we still have contracted with us for 100 years.

thats probably going to be an issue, guzan might not want to be a bench player here, but if he goes anywhere else, theres more of a chance he will be a bench player else where, hes best of here behind a 35 yr old who will be picking up injuries alot more often, than he would behind a younger keeper else where

Must admit thought he did well again today.. some nervy moments but overall thought he was good.

Would be gutted if left but would also be happy for him if he found first team football as in my opinion he deserves it and could do well at another PL team as a first team player.

In some respects this is the best case scenario for Guzan. He's filling in for the Number 1, the pressure is lessened, if he f*cks up, well, he's the bench keeper... if he does well, it's a bonus, and everyone's happy. It's a good way to cut his teeth. I expect some clubs to come knocking over the summer, some of the promoted sides, and lower table Premiership sides. We should hold on to him, IMO.

I think yesterday we saw why number two keeper's tend to stay there. A few good performances ruined by one very average one. Obviouslyhe wasn't tyhe only one but I thought he ahd an all round poor game yesterday and din't do himself any favours whether trying to get a new contract or impress buyers.

Â