Brad Guzan

R.Bear

penalties. hasnt saved 1 for Villa in nearly 2 years

that Omar Gonzalez is garbage

Omar? I think you mean Brooks. Brooks was awful all match. The goal was completely his fault. 

everytime I watch him he is atrocious. he was miles out of position for the goal

Are you trolling? 

why because I think an LA Galaxy player is shit on performances I have seen from him

the US defence is pathetic 

Edited by Zatman

USA's defence is a complete mess. Both centre-backs get dragged everywhere and not convinced on any of their fullbacks either.

Lost on pens anyway. Guzan saved one of four. 

He got close to 2 but Panama took some good penalties, the one he saved he was actually waiting for the ball to arrive it was that bad

http://gfycat.com/BigheartedCookedJuliabutterfly

Please rewatch the goal. The Panama player cuts to his right so Ream(left back) goes and presses him. Then the player cuts in right past Brooks (left centerback) and he takes the shot for the goal. You're blaming Gonzalez that he was in his right spot and not in Brooks spot? Do you really expect him to be covering the whole back line?

I expect him not to e 20 yards away from his defensive partner and then stroll towards helping out

though I did originally think he was the clown that got nutmegged for the goal. From watching the US games in last 3 years Besler was the best centre half they had and that said it all

Edited by Zatman

Was voted goal keeper of the tournament for the Gold Cup. At least we know he is coming back to us in good form.

Meanwhile some idiotic USA fans want him benched saying he had a bad tournament. 

Was voted goal keeper of the tournament for the Gold Cup. At least we know he is coming back to us in good form.

Meanwhile some idiotic USA fans want him benched saying he had a bad tournament. 

And this is different from the Villa fans that want him sold because...?

And this is different from the Villa fans that want him sold because...?

Both idiotic. Guzan is a fine keeper, but because he is a keeper, his one error will always be remembered whereas someone like Benteke can have 4-5 terrible matches in a season, but still get away with it.

Guzan Wins Golden Glove at 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup

The Golden Glove award is given to the tournament's top goalkeeper. Guzan marshaled the USA backline to a pair of clean sheets, against Haiti in the group stage and Cuba in the quarterfinal. In six Gold Cup matches with Guzan between the posts, the U.S. surrendered only five goals. The only previous USA goalkeeper to win a Gold Glove award at a senior international tournament is Tim Howard, who claimed the honor at the 2009 Confederations Cup in South Africa.

http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2015/07/27/11/19/150727-mnt-dempsey-guzan-gold-cup-awards

So, while watching the Copa Libertadores final last night a familiar name kept cropping up in the commentary. I only have VT itself to thank for the smile that spread across my face every time the commentator mentioned the Tigres keeper - "Guzman saves" or "Guzman had no chance"

huhuhuh Guzman

1 negative today for me. Yes he kept a clean sheet and made a decent save but the kicking has actually got worse :(

Had a fantastic game with his hands, but sub par with his feet. The play where he ran out and collected a cross amidst a lot of players then quickly threw it out, and only a few seconds later we were in Bournemouth's box really showed his class. He also made a few decent saves and clearances, but Sherwood needs to have Guzan working on his passing. We have a really good keeper, but if he improved his passing, we'd have one of the best in the league. 

dont know how easy it is to train a guy at Guzan age to be good with his feet though. Ball coming in the air he is one of best in the league now but with the feet I remember he hit 2 easy passes out for a throw in and im sure he hit a Bournemouth lad from a kick from his hands

Â