Brad Guzan

R.Bear

Brad must be a candidate for the captaincy.

I bloody hope not. I've never been a fan of keepers being captains, and I personally I don't think Guzan is vocal enough anyway.

he's a yank, of course he's vocal. I normally find the problem is getting the loud **** to shut the **** up.

Cultural stereotype FTW

Looks like Tim is definitely sticking with Brad according to the Birmingham Mail. At least that allows us to spend funds and prioritising outfield positions.

Yep, just read that. Good. It wouldn't have sat right with me, wasting money on a new keeper, when Guzan is more than capable of doing the job. 

Brad must be a candidate for the captaincy.

I bloody hope not. I've never been a fan of keepers being captains, and I personally I don't think Guzan is vocal enough anyway.

he's a yank, of course he's vocal. I normally find the problem is getting the loud **** to shut the **** up.

Cultural stereotype FTW

Political correctness OTT

........FTW

i'm not convinced, reading that article, it appears that Tim will stick with Brad till january, or maybe to next summer, but will then be replaced with a younger German keeper, i wonder if he has sent a scout over there looking at keepers? maybe Tim realises that other areas need sorting out first.

I think we can do better than Guzan.

On his good days he is a very good keeper but those days are few and far between now.

I like to think he can rediscover that form but I would have much preferred if we could have signed Begovic.

Spurs, Chelsea, Untied, Arsenal and City all have better keepers on their bench, in some cases two better keepers on their bench.

I think Szczęsny would be a good signing for us!

• Like 1

I think we can do better than Guzan.

On his good days he is a very good keeper but those days are few and far between now.

I like to think he can rediscover that form but I would have much preferred if we could have signed Begovic.

Spurs, Chelsea, Untied, Arsenal and City all have better keepers on their bench, in some cases two better keepers on their bench.

I think Szczęsny would be a good signing for us!

Would take either reserve keeper from Arsenal.

Guzan is better than Szczesny.

I'd argue he's better at most things than Vorm too. Although Vorm's distribution and footwork are good assets for the modern keeper.

Just checked the Gold Cup semi latest.  It seems Brad has been naughty.  This, from the Guardian liveblog.

Shambolic from Brad Guzan, I’m afraid. The keeper claimed the ball after that Jamaica corner, but was then penalised for holding on to it as he exited the area. So unusual, but it was a Jamaica free-kick right on the edge, and Barnes stepped up and just pinged it. But it wasn’t in the corner by any means: should Guzan have stopped it? Yes, in short. Two bad errors from the goalie. Come back Tim!

http://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2015/jul/22/gold-cup-semi-final-usa-jamaica-live

Whoops!

Â