Confirmed Signing: Shay Given (Man City)

Mr_Dogg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Foster will be around 10m.. Given around 4m... Kusczkak is available on a free..

Then look ate the wages;

Foster 28yrs, 40-50k pw( 3yr deal with trans fee = 30m)

Given 35yrs, 50-60k pw(3yr deal with trans fee = 30m)

Kusczkak 29yrs, 30-40k pw( 3yr deal with trans fee = 15m)

Thats a saving of 15m.. Which we could use to strengthen elsewhere in the team..

wtf is up with your maths there?

foster at 10m + 50k per week (2.6m per year) * 3 years = 17.8m

given at 4m + 60k per week (3.12m per year) * 3 years = 13.36m

kusczkak at 0m + 40k per week (2.08m per year) * 3 years = 6.24m

Foster will be around 10m.. Given around 4m... Kusczkak is available on a free..

Then look ate the wages;

Foster 28yrs, 40-50k pw( 3yr deal with trans fee = 30m)

Given 35yrs, 50-60k pw(3yr deal with trans fee = 30m)

Kusczkak 29yrs, 30-40k pw( 3yr deal with trans fee = 15m)

Thats a saving of 15m.. Which we could use to strengthen elsewhere in the team..

wtf is up with your maths there?

foster at 10m + 50k per week (2.6m per year) * 3 years = 17.8m

given at 4m + 60k per week (3.12m per year) * 3 years = 13.36m

kusczkak at 0m + 40k per week (2.08m per year) * 3 years = 6.24m

Thanks for that pete, I must have doubled up on it by mistake.. :?

If we do sign Given, I would be happy with that, but I can't remember when we last signed a 1st choice keeper who was relatively young - how old was Tommy Sorensen when we signed him?

I think Sorensen was in his late 20's. But we've had some cracking young first choice keepers in recent years. Scott Carson, Peter Enkleman... shit... sign Given up now!

I think Sorensen was in his late 20's. But we've had some cracking young first choice keepers in recent years. Scott Carson, Peter Enkleman... shit... sign Given up now!

Don't forget (Michael?) Oakes.

35 is the new 28 for a goalkeeper.

It is all about experience and communication with the defensive unit.

For me Shay Give was/is the first target - although question marks can be put next to his absence from the game this year.

Now that we lack pull and inspiration under the new ginger manager, he is certainly near the top of possible candidates

Would take Given over Kuszczak any day. There's a reason why Ferguson is getting rid.

Yeah....cuz hes just spent 18m quid on a kid from Spain

Plus the keeper they signed in January - Anders Lindegaard.

Boy Fergie must really rate Kuszczak.

I'd be happy with any from Given, Foster, Kuszak or Ruffier to be honest. Kusak has obviously seen his career stall a little by moving to Man Utd but I still believe he's a good keeper who just needs first team football. I think the quality of the others speaks for itself. To an extent, we're spoilt for choice, although there will be other teams in the market for some of these players.

Wow! amazed to see so many people go for overrated and overpaid ex keepers ( Given was really good in his time, Foster is good ).

I think looking abroad may reveal some gems at a more reasonable price than we may find in the UK.

Kuszczak played behind one of the meanest defences in the world and for one of the greatest team's, rarely being put under sustained pressure of the kind he will find at Villa. Yet he still managed to drop clangers on a regular basis.

No thanks.

Wow! amazed to see so many people go for overrated and overpaid ex keepers ( Given was really good in his time, Foster is good ).

I think looking abroad may reveal some gems at a more reasonable price than we may find in the UK.

what about communication and PL experience is also important factor

Given is well known by Dunne and a little Clark