Confirmed Signing: Shay Given (Man City)

Mr_Dogg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sun are reporting that we have offered 2.5m but that they want double that, personally I would prefer Foster but Given is a good keeper so either would be fine by me.

It also says that he is on 90k per week, if this is true imo this signing will not happen as no way will villa even consider paying out ManC type wages to ANY player let alone a 35 year old keeper!

If it's tru they want £8M, then I really hope we look elsewhere.

Why the **** we have anything to do with these cheating shysters is beyond me.

Just wish a big hole would open up and swallow that prostitute of a club, and its name banished from the english language.

**** em :twisted:

Just wish a big hole would open up and swallow that prostitute of a club, and its name banished from the english language.

Thing is, you can almost get a decent side from their cast offs alone...

Given, Bridge (I know), Lescott, Onuoha, SWP(see Bridge), Milner, Johnson, Santa Cruz, Adebayor.

I'd take the majority of those, maybe not Bridge or SWP but the rest are decent enough.

Thing is, you can almost get a decent side from their cast offs alone...

Given, Bridge (I know), Lescott, Onuoha, SWP(see Bridge), Milner, Johnson, Santa Cruz, Adebayor.

I'd take the majority of those, maybe not Bridge or SWP but the rest are decent enough.

Lescott and Onuara would be very nice. But it would leave a bad taste in my mouth...

Hate everything they stand for, and one of the reasons im slowly going off Football :twisted:

Alot of rumours being slung everywhere, strongest one I've heard all over the radio for the past hour is that we've offered 2.5m, although they (Manchester City) want 5m. Not bad at all considering they paid, was it 13m for him? Only downside to this, is that Shay wants 90k. If he loosens his ego a little then I would love him at the Villa, no keeper at the moment is worth 90k a week.

He knows he wouldn't get that a Villa especially at that age so I find it difficult to believe he is asking for it.

This. He will leave City this summer because he wants to play, and nobody will match the wages of a player they're happy to allow leave.

8m is BS. We've offered 2,5 and they want double.

Given knows wages at VP so if he wants to play he is sure to cut the wages. 50-60k/week is possible and acceptable for both

was reported on today fm in ireland during the week that villa have agreed personal terms with given and the only block was the clubs agreeing a fee

i'm still dubious though as it wouldnt be the first time they had 'mis-reported' something like this

was reported on today fm in ireland during the week that villa have agreed personal terms with given and the only block was the clubs agreeing a fee

i'm still dubious though as it wouldnt be the first time they had 'mis-reported' something like this

I'm told that it's the new way to do transfers these days, let the player have the medical and agree personal terms, before a fee is agreed. It sounds like rubbish but it could be true.

I used to rate Shay Given as one of the best keepers in the league when he was at Newcastle. He's too injury prone these days though and Guzan would probably end up playing 10+ league games which wouldn't be great. If we were to pay this reported £5 million plus give him over £50,000 a week then I'd be disappointed. I know he makes the odd error but I'd rather pay an extra £3 million - £5 million for Foster who would also be on lower wages than Given.

I think it's all looking good for Villa. He wants to come, meaning he may reduce his wage demands.

He is the type of keeper who will save you 7 or more points. Most City fans considered him better than Hart but the age difference (and dare I say nationality) settled the issue. Really would prefer him going to a class club like Villa.

Alot of rumours being slung everywhere, strongest one I've heard all over the radio for the past hour is that we've offered 2.5m, although they (Manchester City) want 5m. Not bad at all considering they paid, was it 13m for him? Only downside to this, is that Shay wants 90k. If he loosens his ego a little then I would love him at the Villa, no keeper at the moment is worth 90k a week.

9m i think city paid wasn't 13m anyway