Confirmed Signing: Shay Given (Man City)

Mr_Dogg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kuszczak played behind one of the meanest defences in the world and for one of the greatest team's, rarely being put under sustained pressure of the kind he will find at Villa. Yet he still managed to drop clangers on a regular basis.

No thanks.

You could say the same thing for Tim Howard before he left for Everton, or Friedel while he was at Liverpool. Both have gone on to become exceptional premier league keepers.

I think he'd be worth a shout.

ITK-ish but not really

Went over for the villa Liverpool game and landing back in Dublin airport Shay given got off the another plane and was walking through passport check with all the villa fans around him begging him to sign for us, he said nothing really and smiled, he is taller than you think and pretty big looked in great shape. i've seen him for ireland this year and he still makes those great saves

Did Dunne play at city with Given?

Could be the man we need to give the back four a kick in the arse!!

for a few months but he has played with him for about 12 years with Ireland and neitehr have ever let their country down

Freidel is what 40 yrs old?

So we kinda knew we were gonna need a keeper at some point. So where is this talented Keeper we have been spying/scouting on for the last couple of years?

Or is it a case of searching for a replacement last minute?

So we kinda knew we were gonna need a keeper at some point. So where is this talented Keeper we have been spying/scouting on for the last couple of years?

Well I doubt McLeish was really thinking who Villa were goin to replace Friedel with when he was at Blues. Dont forget that any plans Houllier had would have been with his scout and doesn't apply to AM now.

Not sure if it's even worth posting as it's hardly news but someone I do business with who is a Man City ST holder told me earlier that crack from

City end, not just the press was Given deal is practically done and dusted to Villa, barring last minute glitches.

Would represent a very solid, if unspectacular, start to our transfer window dealings.

I would agree...but this is one position that solid is more important that spectacular.

Wel considering we have changed manager three times over that period I'd find that almost impossible given the change of scouts that I assume happened.

Better keeper than Foster and doesn't drop too many clangers. For 4m and on a lot less wages than he is on Citeh then he will be an excellent signing. Concerned about his recurrring shoulder injury but if we get a decent back up in other than Guzan we should be ok. I would much rather pay 4m for Given than 10m for Foster. It would leave us a little more cash to spent elsewhere on the team.