What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Just now, bickster said:

Same artist different artist names?

I’ve not gone with FSOL, because I noticed the Amorphous EP that I got excited about is actually a pre release of the whole album later in the year, so I’ve left that with a reminder to myself to check back later. But they are on my reserve list. As is that double album of The Creation, there’s a couple of tracks on there I don’t have so if that turned up and my two picks didn’t, I’ve got options.

Right now I’m looking for Ice Hockey Hair because I don’t think I have that on vinyl anywhere. I’m also going Primal Scream because it’s an album i don’t have and they’ve expanded it with extra tracks, so that looks like reason enough to splash out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Definitely happens, I definitely benefit

My own missus was ‘disgusted’ when I waltzed in at lunch time a few years back, and got all 3 on my wish list.

SFA Ice Hockey Hair will be a test as I’d expect a strong demand for that locally.

• Haha 1

A willie Nelson 7 inch and a Johnny Paycheck album but not married  to them. I am fairly strictly Willie Nelson CD only and only have a few Johnny Paycheck albums, so not really big enough pull for them. A couple of years ago there was a Johnny Cash show LP which I think I have on CD but I think there were 2 unreleased tracks on the LP. 

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

There’s some John Prine in the second RSD in July, but it’s ‘live’ and I’m not a fan of live albums.

Nor I. I only buy them from a completist view. That said I have a fantastic Cash album called Strawberry Cake recorded in London and has the venue being evacuated due to an IRA bomb threat. Its musically great too. 

There's some absolute horseshit in that list, there always is but some of really seems like scrape the barrel stuff

I'm a fan of the Bunnymen but that Live in Liverpool album was something I couldn't even be bothered with when it came out on CD the first time

Fashion's first album, hell it's not even the half decent 2nd album and is ANYONE out there really interested. Wasted Youth, a band whose name was the best thing they wrote. A FIne Young Cannibals remix 12" of You Drive Me Crazy. Baffles me that there's anyone that would buy these

Yeah, I think RSD is well passed its own sell by date, it was for genuine rarities a while back but appears to be mostly filler these days. But the kids love it, they like the queuing overnight and all that, so the shops like it. I think it’s about 4 years since I bought anything.

• Like 1

Maters of Twee - Belle and Sebastian - The Boy with the Arab Strap. What is the point in that release? Last released in 2018 and 2014 before that and at least one other time in the last 10 years

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Yeah, I think RSD is well passed its own sell by date, it was for genuine rarities a while back but appears to be mostly filler these days. But the kids love it, they like the queuing overnight and all that, so the shops like it. I think it’s about 4 years since I bought anything.

Yep. On-U Souns stopped doing releases a while back. They used to do a 10" Disco Platter every year for a while and there's nowt on that list that even comes close to one of those for me. Even the ones I picked out, I'm not that bothered about

OMD - Enola Gay remixes. The song is perfect, it does not need remixes 40 years later

I'll also wager that the Mogwai album that was only released last year will be still be able to be bought for quite some time. They did that with the Atomic Soundtrack, released it on RSD and you could buy it for about a year, anywhere

Stay Sick by The Cramps at the moment, before that Reverend Horton Heats Smoke em if you got them. Trying to celebrate Phils life in the best way possible. RIP. Only god can judge him etc. 

• Like 1

Â