What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

47 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I got paid today and still weighing up if I buy lots of cheap records or an expensive couple of records. That wasnt cheap was it?

Thats moving along the Jamican music line from Calypso to Rocksteady, the big R is coming!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Thats moving along the Jamican music line from Calypso to Rocksteady, the big R is coming!

Oh god no, not that or anything similar. My list is a heady mix of 70s country and marc almond. 

47 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I got paid today and still weighing up if I buy lots of cheap records or an expensive couple of records. That wasnt cheap was it?

To be honest, I had it a little on the cheap side. I think its about £27 / £28 on the Rough Trade website, I think I paid about £23 and didn’t have to pay postage so i had a little result on that one.

Interestingly, I’d have thought the Israel Nash before it was closer to your liking.

Just now, chrisp65 said:

To be honest, I had it a little on the cheap side. I think its about £27 / £28 on the Rough Trade website, I think I paid about £23 and didn’t have to pay postage so i had a little result on that one.

Interestingly, I’d have thought the Israel Nash before it was closer to your liking.

It's £24 on the Soul Jazz site

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Showing an interest as you mentioned it. Its not for me I will guess. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bickster said:

It's £24 on the Soul Jazz site

The reason I was a little vague, I’ve paid £46 for that, the Israel Nash, and postage, it got slipped in the same package and the postage stayed the same. 

She’s lovely, but the price suggests I’ve either had a random discount on an album, or on the stamp!

• Like 2

I've been listening to Siouxsie quite a bit lately, usually albums proper but tonight I've gone for the classic first singles collection. Once Upon A Time

I played this to death for years when it came out, it was always often in my DJ Boxes for certain clubs (Planet X etc)

Still plays almost flawlessly

R-602119-1195578379.jpeg?bucket=discogs-

• Like 1

I’ve been down the garage on a fool’s errand.

I’d been tipped off that Specials singles with a blue label were worth crazy money. Found mine, looked it up, £3.

But in the meantime, I did dig out some oldies for a bit of stock rotation...

spacer.png

• Like 2

Just now, chrisp65 said:

I’ve been down the garage on a fool’s errand.

I’d been tipped off that Specials singles with a blue label were worth crazy money. Found mine, looked it up, £3.

But in the meantime, I did dig out some oldies for a bit of stock rotation...

spacer.png

Last of the classic OMD albums. I have it myself (Yellow sleeve not blue)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

spacer.png

I don’t have Spotify type data, but one of my three most played records.

That has a great version of Uptown Top Ranking on it. Except its not really Uptown Top Ranking because of the way reggae works. As far as I'm aware the provenance of the riddim goes like this...

Alton Ellis' I'm Still In Love was then rerecorded by Trinity as Three Piece Suit. Althea and Donna then record new vocals for a rerecorded version of that riddim that became Uptown Top Ranking, which obviously became a huge hit and everyone thinks is the original. I have no idea where the Angola Crisis dub that appears on that album fits into that provenance but suspect its after UTR as both are out of the Joe Gibbs stable, whereas the Alton Elllis tune was a Duke Reid artist (I think). And that there is the very essence of Jamaican music, they invented recyscling

• Like 1

Â