What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Talking of record shops, I've just read in Long Live Vinyl magazine that Premier League Ref, Jon Moss has a second-hand vinvyl shop in Leeds called The Vinyl Whistle, seems he's big into the Indie side of things. Might have to pay Leeds a visit at some point

8 hours ago, bickster said:

Talking of record shops, I've just read in Long Live Vinyl magazine that Premier League Ref, Jon Moss has a second-hand vinvyl shop in Leeds called The Vinyl Whistle, seems he's big into the Indie side of things. Might have to pay Leeds a visit at some point

Not been for a little while, but Jumbo and Crash were decent and there was a smattering of interesting smaller shops.

Don't know how many survived the mass extinction?

27 minutes ago, Xann said:

Not been for a little while, but Jumbo and Crash were decent and there was a smattering of interesting smaller shops.

Don't know how many survived the mass extinction?

Probably in the new year but I think I'm going on a few day trips here and there, I shall report back if I go

• Thanks 1

What 3 members of Franz Ferdinand did before they were in Franz Ferdinand.(None of them lead this band but were all in it). These tunes are better than anything FF ever did

The Yummy Fur - Piggy WIngs. A "Best of"compilation , just out on Rock Action

R-14282985-1571432925-1723.jpeg.jpg

Now for the actual reason I went record buying today. L'épée - Diabolique. First UK pressing - Ruby coloured wax with gatefold cover and CD

The band are Les Limiñanas (French Hubby and wife Psyche duo, Lionel and Marie, from Carcassonne), Anton Newcombe (From the Brian Jonestown Masacre) and Emmanuelle Seigner (Ultra Orange and Emmanuelle). So a Franco-US psyche supergroup

Les Limiñanas appear to be the dominant force as it's very much their style that comes to the fore but not totally there are definitely other influences apparent

It's been quite a few weeks waiting for this one to come back in stock but the wait was definitely worth it

You'll note it has the best colours on the cover

R-14087694-1567655494-7500.jpeg.jpg

R-14087694-1567655486-3836.jpeg.jpg

Secured a pretty rare Beach Boys Party! LP from Singapore.Even my expert contact in the US has not seen one of these before.

Not only is it in spiffing condition, it was on a Buy It Now for 5 quid. Very happy :)

spacer.png

Also scored a 1968 acetate, which was considerably more than five quid

spacer.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Probably not the right day for this one, but hey ho, it’s just got some great tunes on it

48962705388_09f5bdd8d0.jpg

There are contrary hipsters who say that the follow up was better. They have dog shit in their ears. This is a beautiful piece of art that due to damage and loss I am on my 3rd copy. I will buy it again if I need to. I am prompted to listen to it tonight. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Shit, just read the back cover, it’s 1989, 30 years old.

Mine’s from the first press, ref LP 502. You just gotta look after your shit, man. 😎

Had 2 floods. Once was unfortunate, twice was me looking into divorces. So many records damaged. The loss was a friend that never returned it. Arsehole. 

By the time the second one came along, it was all about CD’s. It’s a perfectly good album with a couple of great tracks. Never got it on vinyl. It’s up the garage somewhere, which speaks volumes.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: I don't own this but I am listening to it on Spotify after reading an interview in Shindig - again Readly proving its worth

Might appeal to @chrisp65 if he's up one of his 60's Soul influenced avenues. It's just that, a great female set of lungs, singing a heavily Mucle Shoals influenced Soul. Not sure if it's up @mjmooneystreet though. It's like the Alabama Shakes but more traditional. Very well recorded

Hannah Williams & the Affirmations - 50 Ft Woman

R-14252094-1570780419-9352.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

Â