What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

51 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I bet its shit. I bet its like free festival Ed Sheeran. 

(I own an ep by him) 

It’s the sweet spot between Squeeze, Billy Bragg and Chas n Dave.

The older double album, mmmm glad it was free. Newer album will get another listen.

Prince Far-I - Voice of Thunder.

First Pressing from 1981 on Trojan. A non-On-U Sound PFI album self produced by Michael Williams (PFI) at the famous Channel One Studios.

The musicians are absolutely top draw Jamaican legends, Tony Asher, Deadly Headly, Fish Clarke, Steely, Jah Lloyd...

Sadly a lot of them are dead now, I think only Jah Lloyd died prematurely (Shot in 1999) the rest lived into their 70's and 80's

Superb album

R-680725-1180073469.jpeg.jpg

Soooo...

New Nick Cave and DIIV albums today.

Listened to them both, the Nick Cave album is very Skeleton Tree which I wasn't a huge fan of to be honest. It's a good album, but I was hoping for something a little different. Hoping he releases another Grinderman album soon as I'm missing his old "rocky" sound/energy. Though, seems he's not that person anymore. Need to listen to it more, seems solid enough. Just a bit... Dull?

The new DIIV album sounded bloody fantastic on first listen, was everything I was hoping it would be. Looking forward to getting stuck into it more throughout today.

Edited by PieFacE

Sturgill Simpson's Sound and Fury. I should state this, I am a fan of him and his music. His first 2 albums get played fairly significant even now. This new album, outside of being not country sounds like it was recorded underwater on a tascam 4 track. Its pretty shitty. That said he got close to country music on Mercury in Retrograde and Last Man Standing and I can live with that. I wont buy this, but as one to listen to, its ok. Nothing more.

Decided to get on with some record cleaning which I've let slip recently apart from the odd record here and there

First up. World Domination Enterprises - Lets Play World Domination

Cleaned up well tbh but I think I only ever really liked a few tracks off this, notably Asbestos Lead Asbestos and their cover of Funkytown

Essentially Crusty Eco-Protest Beaty Rythmic Grungey Rap with reggae basslines. Better live than on record and a lot of the tracks are just more of the same, the odd standout track is good though. Couldn't listen to a whole one

Worth no more than £5

R-372085-1210284274.jpeg.jpg

9 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Sturgill Simpson's Sound and Fury. I should state this, I am a fan of him and his music. His first 2 albums get played fairly significant even now. This new album, outside of being not country sounds like it was recorded underwater on a tascam 4 track. Its pretty shitty. That said he got close to country music on Mercury in Retrograde and Last Man Standing and I can live with that. I wont buy this, but as one to listen to, its ok. Nothing more.

Having only listened to it, accompanied by the anime i quite a lot of it. 

however i accept it’s no Turtles All The Way or his cover of Lithium! 

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

Bought this in a charriddeee shop a few year ago. Jerry Harrison's (Talking Heads, Modern Lovers) second album Casual Gods

Paid a fiver for it, which is about market rate but its a decent album and definitely has the Talking Heads vibe about it.

R-181680-1226310460.jpeg.jpg

27 minutes ago, blandy said:

Listened to Gwenno Le Kov on my iPod. It's like French 60's pop crossed with SFA crossed with Jane Weaver and sung in Cornish. Most excellent.

Prefer the previous one sung in Welsh meself

1 minute ago, bickster said:

I should have said full of Sun drenched simplistic shite you you can surf to just to get you to listen to it :trollface:

I prefer The Beach Boys post-surf output my many a mile (especially 1969-73) so pppffhht ;)

Edited by rjw63
  • Haha 1

Just now, chrisp65 said:

If it doesn’t sound like Blackberry Puff or Mike Love then Rob’s not interested.

Mike Love?

spacer.png

Haha, you really don't know me :)

Not sure about Blackberry Puff, is that Smoke? They are pretty decent ya know

Â