What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

14 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I picked both references very carefully.

Trollie face meme thing.

It's actually strange, liking a band where the front man is a caricature and corny as hell. And isn't that great a vocalist either.

That's why I prefer tracks with leads by ANY OTHER BAND MEMBER!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Took my missus to see Gwenno. She presumed it was some sort of novelty act cross between John Shuttleworth and Kate Bush.

Dau fargarîn wrth fynd, Heathcliffe

• Like 1

tstl.thumb.png.ff557566483b91c95f21f42087420847.png

Various Artists - 'The Sky's The Limit'

Nostalgia rushes, good and bad. Paddington was a cretin and we don't talk about 'It's a Knockout' anymore.

Thom Pace - 'Maybe'

Barry Gray - 'Joe 90 End Credits'

Ed Welch - 'Shillingbury Tales'  -  Remember nothing about the content of this show. Weird hearing the melody again after an age.

The album from "The Shaking Sensations" called "How are we to fight the blight" showed up under the 'New Releases' on my Spotify for some reason as i've never heard of them before.

But god damn what a belter of an album. It's all instrumental, relatively heavy in places but it's glorious. Recommend 100%. Thanks Spotify!

71KxL0ApGBL._SS500_.jpg

It's hard to really play a single from it as it needs to be listened to as a complete album as there's so much to it. But here's a sampler for anyone who might be interested, definitely recommend giving the whole thing a go. Perfect music for me to work to. 

• Like 1

From the BBC website

UK's best-selling albums (2000-2019)
1) Adele - 21
2) Amy Winehouse - Back To Black
3) Adele - 25
4) Ed Sheeran - x
5) Ed Sheeran - ÷
6) James Blunt - Back To Bedlam
7) Leona Lewis - Spirit
10 ) Michael Buble - Crazy Love
9) Dido - No Angel

10) David Gray - White Ladder

I found two record shops in Swansea today, if you like buying Queen albums for £28 a pop I can highly recommend them. 

Edited by chrisp65
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

From the BBC website

1) Adele - 21
3) Adele - 25
4) Ed Sheeran - x
5) Ed Sheeran - ÷
7) Leona Lewis - Spirit
9) Dido - No Angel

I found two record shops in Swansea today, if you like buying Queen albums for £28 a pop I can highly recommend them. 

That list is hideous! 

15 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

From the BBC website

1) Adele - 21
3) Adele - 25
4) Ed Sheeran - x
5) Ed Sheeran - ÷
7) Leona Lewis - Spirit
9) Dido - No Angel

How the f*** is David Gray - White Ladder in that list? It's had one CD only release in the last decade in the UK (which was hardly advertised in 2014). It was actually announced as coming out on vinyl for the very first time sometime soon, which is why I looked. It's also the best album on that list by a long way and its still shite

I'm guessing this is some sort of list that includes streaming plays which is hardly a guide to sales at all is it. I'll also guess that this doesn't include sales from Indies and isn't even based on.... well anything tangible really

I also don't understand why there's nothing by the twin devils B****** & Q****, morons by that shit by the bucketload

Methinks the BBC is talking shite yet again

• Like 1

A bit of Post-Punk 2K as the curent scene appears to be being labelled. Very 80's derived Automatic - Silent. Drum machines coldwave synths, guitars and girls singing. COntains a daughter of Kevin Haskins from Bauhaus (But sounds nothing like)

What the current and longest running incarnation of The Fall did when MES departed this mortal coil. They haven't fallen for the trap of doing vocals to try and sound like MES, much more shouty vocals in the vein of Parquet Courts / Idles but this band can actually play!

R-13668123-1558638943-4560.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bickster said:

How the ....

Methinks the BBC is talking shite yet again

That was my thinking too.

I couldn’t see any methodology on how they’d calculated it, so I presumed it was just part of that new BBC demographic they appear to be chasing, The red top reader that has strayed online.

Â