What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Not even my favourite Japanese band produced by Adrian Sherwood, that honour goes to...

Japanese Techno Reggae in  dub style

And as it happens I am playing the album We Are Audio Active (Tokyo Space Cowboys) right now having found the CD in the CD section of the vaults about ten minutes ago

Obscurier than thou :P

edit, actually we've got 3 more from that epic post rock trio later on in the programme.

• Haha 1

Moving on, I remember this lot when they were called Jellystone Park and were managed by a bloke called Al "Onion" Woodward, he was a shit manager, the band, however, were much better, they live a couple of miles away from me in Crosby

Clinic - Winchester Cathedral

R-435792-1329678662.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Not even my favourite Japanese band produced by Adrian Sherwood, that honour goes to...

Japanese Techno Reggae in  dub style

And as it happens I am playing the album We Are Audio Active (Tokyo Space Cowboys) right now having found the CD in the CD section of the vaults about ten minutes ago

I'll have a listen in a little while - I don't know it, but I've deffo seen that picture before. So potentially, I've picked it up at some point and then put it back down as I've found something else. Or you've posted it before!

11 hours ago, bickster said:

Moving on, I remember this lot when they were called Jellystone Park and were managed by a bloke called Al "Onion" Woodward, he was a shit manager, the band, however, were much better, they live a couple of miles away from me in Crosby

Clinic - Winchester Cathedral

R-435792-1329678662.jpeg.jpg

I was playing Evil Bill their fantastic single at the weekend. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Xann said:

Mental archive. Another one to get lost in, like the Niven Jazz and the British Library.

And the BBC sound effects library. 

• Like 1

The Incredible PWEI - Pop Will Eat Itself Origination Mix

Mixcloud

DJ set of tunes sampled by Pop Will Eat Itself on their first few albums.

An interesting listen, even if you weren't into them at the height of their pomp?

• Like 2

On 25/04/2019 at 15:21, Designer1 said:

Ratso - Stubborn Heart 

Debut LP from Writer Larry 'Ratso' Sloman.

His voice has a kind of Leonard Cohen vibe to it, and it's a tidy collection of tunes one of which ( Our Lady of Light) features a nice duet with Nick Cave.

The Nick Cave duet is ace but that's all I've heard so far

• Like 1

The Last Stiff Compilation - A 1980 Stiff Records Compilation intended for the US Market (as were many of these). Would have been better calling it from the sublime to the ridiculous. Starts off badly with Dexy's then hits highs and lows throughout. The Cockney Rejects probably being the worst, The Mo-dettes and Lori and the Chameleons among the best

R-2020737-1258987197.jpeg.jpg

A1    –Dexys Midnight Runners    Dance Stance    
A2    –Lew Lewis Reformer    Win Or Lose    
A3    –The Cure    Jumping Someone Else`s Train    
A4    –Madness    Bed And Breakfast Man    
A5    –Any Trouble    The Hurt    
A6    –Mo-Dettes    White Mice    
A7    –John Otway    The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence    

A8 -Lene Lovich I Think We're Alone Now (Japanese Version) [Uncredited secret track]

B1    –Anthony More*    Judy Get Down    
B2    –Lori & The Chameleons    Touch    
B3    –Wreckless Eric    Hit And Miss Judy    
B4    –The Chords (2)    Maybe Tomorrow    
B5    –Motörhead    No Class    
B6    –Cockney Rejects    Flares `N` Slippers    
B7    –The Damned    Smash It Up

Oh I bloody loved The Chords, even if that track B4 isn't their best. In fact there's an album in the 'current' rack under the stereo, it really doesn't get rotated out very often.

We had access to the 8 track that used to boom music across the fairground and the Island, so Bank Holidays we'd stick on a cassette that was just Chords and Secret Affair and Merton Parkas and all that schizz. I'm quite confident we were probably the inspiration for the whole Ibiza DJ scene.

21 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Oh I bloody loved The Chords, even if that track B4 isn't their best. In fact there's an album in the 'current' rack under the stereo, it really doesn't get rotated out very often.

We had access to the 8 track that used to boom music across the fairground and the Island, so Bank Holidays we'd stick on a cassette that was just Chords and Secret Affair and Merton Parkas and all that schizz. I'm quite confident we were probably the inspiration for the whole Ibiza DJ scene.

I think I still have the album of the same name somewhere, it'll come out of the racks at some point on my journey of rediscovery

• Like 1

Â