What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

I'm not a big fan of Live recordings but I always had a soft spot for this one. There are two reasons for that, firstly I was actually there. This was the first of the Bill Drummond gig adventures that he dreamt up. You bought tickets for a gig but had to get a coach to it (included in price), no one knew where the gig was until you got there. The gig was in The Pavilion Gardens in Buxton and it was a great gig.  The second reason is the Bunnymen were just a little bit different live to on record and this really does capture that atmosphere (most live recordings leave me dead tbh).

This really does take me back to that day in Buxton

Anyway...

Shine So Hard E.P.

R-376590-1479002654-3676.png.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I sort of agree, except that no Greatest Hits would contain only the tracks I want. 

I've settled on My Aim is True, Armed Forces, Almost Blue and King of America as my Costello collection. 

I would throw in Imperial Bedroom and Blood and Chocolate, as well.

11 hours ago, bickster said:

One of those I'd totally forgotten about its existence albums. Sonic Boom (He of Spacemen 3) - Spectrum. First pressing, Ltd Edition (of 2000) with kaleidoscopic wheels on front and inside Gatefold Sleeve. Probably more suited to my taste now that it was back then tbh. This even has the insert (unused) inside to claim 2 10" records on amber vinyl called Octaves and Tremolos, which I clearly didn't take up. The 10"s currently sell for around £40, the album sells for a little over that too. Pretty sure this album has been played once at most.

R-546817-1353083437-1784.jpeg.jpg

I have a couple of Spacemen 3 albums and still occasionally play a track or 2 from them. Spectrum I didn't get on with. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, il_serpente said:

I would throw in Imperial Bedroom and Blood and Chocolate, as well.

I'm not very familiar with either, but you could be right. 

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I have a couple of Spacemen 3 albums and still occasionally play a track or 2 from them. Spectrum I didn't get on with. 

I have 2 copies of Playing with Fire both are buggered, which given that nearly every record I’ve cleaned so far has been fine is incredibly bad luck

1 hour ago, bickster said:

... incredibly bad luck

Nothing to do with being trashed when you played them? :)

Someone put a candle on a shelf under my copy of 'Playing With Fire'. Apt.

Box got melty. The CD survives.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bickster said:

I have 2 copies of Playing with Fire both are buggered, which given that nearly every record I’ve cleaned so far has been fine is incredibly bad luck

It must have been a bad batch as my copy of playing with fire is also in a bad way. 

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Psychedelic guitar instrumentals. Sounds like Tom Verlaine and Neil Young jamming an endless 'Interstellar Overdrive' with the Grateful Dead. 

I shall seek this out for a listen, then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Psychedelic guitar instrumentals. Sounds like Tom Verlaine and Neil Young jamming an endless 'Interstellar Overdrive' with the Grateful Dead. 

As @blandy said, sort of, this sounds interesting. Just as I was looking for something to listen to

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Sounds like Tom Verlaine and Neil Young jamming an endless 'Interstellar Overdrive' with the Grateful Dead. 

Now listening to it, and that's a perfect description - and why I like it (unsurprisingly).

• Thanks 1

The first record cleaned today was this. Hot Lemonade by A Guy Called Gerald. It was never really my thing back then and it still isn't, it came off before the end of side 1. Still, it's in decent condition and is actually worth a bit. It's going in the very small pile to sell

R-42887-1460051464-2675.jpeg.jpg

Onto something more familiar to me. The Room - Clear! The second incarnation of The Room and their initial mini-album Clear! (The room morphed into Benny Profane, into The Dead Cowboys, then Dust then... and now The Room in the Woods). It's decent but nowhere near as good as the full album which followed it

R-1099469-1278964212.jpeg.jpg

I think I bought this for Dance to the Music back in the DJing days and paid scant attention to the rest of it. It's one of those that's much more to my taste now than it was back then. And another one of those Greatest Hits bands forme, this is all I need whereas their contemporaries Funkadelic, are an album band for me (in the period I like)

R-1616189-1382207749-3500.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bickster said:

I think I bought this for Dance to the Music back in the DJing days and paid scant attention to the rest of it. It's one of those that's much more to my taste now than it was back then. And another one of those Greatest Hits bands forme, this is all I need whereas their contemporaries Funkadelic, are an album band for me (in the period I like)

R-1616189-1382207749-3500.jpeg.jpg

Yep, that's the only one of theirs that I have. Although I have a sneaking feeling that I ought to have the "There's a Riot Goin' On" album as well. 

• Like 1

Â