What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

4 hours ago, bickster said:

Bought this today, got a bit of a bargain, methinks it was mispriced at £16 (Jacaranda Records), it was £21 in my regular haunt. We have 2 decent record shops in Liverpool now. Jacaranda is a record shop/bar/cafe and a night time venue. Could be very f***ing dangerous for my wallet

There's defo a glitch with the pricing - I've seen it for £21, there's a version with a CD that's £29 and I paid £14.99 in Spillers.

There's a few versions, with download, with CD etc., so perhaps prices got jumbled.

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Had a listen to that on Spotify, it's interesting a kind of darkwave Anna Calvi

It's really quite good, and it grows on you over time. Like her voice a lot.

Her first album is also really good, a bit more Siouxsie and the Banshees in style.

This one as you say is darker.

She's had a bit of a break but is now back recording new stuff.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

There's defo a glitch with the pricing - I've seen it for £21, there's a version with a CD that's £29 and I paid £14.99 in Spillers.

There's a few versions, with download, with CD etc., so perhaps prices got jumbled.

Didn't get a download or a CD. That might explain it. I quite like that variant pricing if that's the case as I rarely want the Download or the CD

• Like 1

I've just been listening to Edwin Collin's new Album - Badbea. First impressions are good, I'd heard a few tracks before I bought it and read a few interviews but it was still a semi-speculative purchase. I'm pleased

R-13412634-1553714659-8255.jpeg.jpg

6 minutes ago, sne said:

It's really quite good, and it grows on you over time. Like her voice a lot.

Her first album is also really good, a bit more Siouxsie and the Banshees in style.

This one as you say is darker.

She's had a bit of a break but is now back recording new stuff.

I'll definitely give it a few more listens

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Currently listening to Tom Russell's new album @mjmooney said very bakersfield, which I love, so enjoying it immensely so far. 

Off to see him on Thursday night (solo, no band). 

Wife heard Dire Straits "Romeo and Juliet" on radio, says she likes that song.

So I got her the LP, Canadian press for a fiver.

AnErcv6.jpgxDWe20o.jpg

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Wife heard Dire Straits "Romeo and Juliet" on radio, says she likes that song.

So I got her the LP, Canadian press for a fiver.

My missus likes Q***n, she can get to fook!

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, bickster said:

My missus likes Q***n, she can get to fook!

I bet there's a reason that the made up record company manager that argues with the band about Bohemian Rhapsody in the film resembles you... :D 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Pelle said:

I bet there's a reason that the made up record company manager that argues with the band about Bohemian Rhapsody in the film resembles you... :D 

As if I have any idea of what you're talking about. She watches the film when I'm not there.

This mornings breakfast album is The Comet is Coming - Trust in the Lifeforce of the Deep Mystery.

Somewhat pretentious titles but the music is good. I just watched the Louis Theroux Scientology Movie before this so, the titles of the tracks seem a little worrying right now...

R-13350309-1552575028-8358.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

As if I have any idea of what you're talking about. She watches the film when I'm not there.

No, of course not. :) Let's just say that he doesn't agree with the band and dislikes BoRhap. Know anyone else that dislikes that one? :D

image.thumb.png.ba165092303660f3b0567fc769d97405.png

• Haha 1

Just now, Pelle said:

No, of course not. :) Let's just say that he doesn't agree with the band and dislikes BoRhap. Know anyone else that dislikes that one? :D

image.thumb.png.ba165092303660f3b0567fc769d97405.png

Oh, a man of taste. You'd never catch me in a tank top though, even in the '70s. My mother attempted that once, it was an unrepeated experiment

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Oh, a man of taste. You'd never catch me in a tank top though, even in the '70s. My mother attempted that once, it was an unrepeated experiment

But the ray-bans, beard and curly hair. :D Bow, back on topic. I've **** this thread up long enough now:

image.png.ef2fb84d189228c57cd955e246e3dc40.png

46804664144_681b6dd447_n.jpg

Well I'm super chuffed with this.

Now I've paid it some proper attention, it also has a track by Nissenenmondai who are probably my favourite all female Japanese experimental instrumental rock band. 

• Like 1

Â