What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

10 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Thelonious_Alone_in_San_Francisco.jpg

An old favorite of mine.  Brilliant.  I need to dig it up and give it a listen.  Have you seen the 1988 documentary, "Straight, No Chaser"?   Really interesting.  The guy was just like I would have expected from someone who wrote and played music like that.

• Like 1

R-7539363-1443632788-2702.jpeg.jpg

PZYK Vol 1 a compilation made to celebrate the Liverpool International Festival of Psychedelia. There are some absolute class tracks on this triple album

It's odd seeing it now, there's a Les Big Byrd track on there and a Lorelle Meets the Obsolete one too, I thought I'd only come across them recently but had them on here all along. Same for local lad Bonnacons of Doom too

There's currently a copy of this for sale on Discogs for £23 plus postage. Bargain IMO

A1    –Mugstar    Goat Head    
A2    –Tau (9)    Venado Azul (Ceremony Version)    
A3    –The Holydrug Couple    Dreamy    
A4    –Wolf People    All Returns Part II    
A5    –Klaus Johann Grobe    Traumhaft 

B1    –Masahiko Sato*    Take It Easy    
B2    –The Vacant Lots    6am    
B3    –Christian Bland    Flashing Signs    
B4    –Fumaça Preta    Eu Era Um Cão    
B5    –The Lucid Dream (2)    Devil Rides Out (Time And Space Machine 12" Remix)

C1    –Night Beats    Messiah    
C2    –Lorelle Meets The Obsolete    Sealed Scene (Part Time Punks Session)    
C3    –White Manna    Kief Mountain    
C4    –Gnod    Breaking The Hex    
C5    –K-X-P    Space Precious Time    
C6    –Clinic    The Wizard    

D1    –Fever The Ghost    A Parliament Of Owl Determines The Fates Of Greater Men No Less Than 5 Stories Above Us In A Great Dream (9 No Bus)    
D2    –The Limiñanas    Salvation    
D3    –Strange Collective    Sun    
D4    –POW!    4 R E A L    
D5    –Lucern Raze    Cheep Speed    
D6    –Jibóia    Dvapara Yuga    

E1    –Mai Mai Mai    Κουσμα    
E2    –Les Big Byrd    White Week    
E3    –Goat (22)    Run To Your Mama (Cage And Aviary Re-Remix)

E4    –Gala Drop    Let It Go (Extended Version)    

F1    –Destruction Unit    If Death Ever Slept    
F2    –Blanck Mass    Detritus (Konx-Om-Pax Rmx)

F3    –Föllakzoid    Feuerzeug    
F4    –Bonnacons Of Doom    Exteriority

Just now, Xann said:

Spillers have banned Morrissey products cos he's a bellend, @chrisp65 :)

that sounds about right, she's on a roll at the moment

she should start her drunken tweets in about an hour, except earlier this evening she also banned twitter!

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Xann said:

Spillers have banned Morrissey products cos he's a bellend, @chrisp65 :)

30 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

that sounds about right, she's on a roll at the moment

she should start her drunken tweets in about an hour, except earlier this evening she also banned twitter!

It's quite amusing though. All the little Representatives for Wellingborough saying they'll never shop in Spillers again

you do wonder how many of them have ever shopped there anyway

she sells pro EU t shirts that donate money to lead by donkeys, so they clearly haven't been in there for a few months

they can always pop around the corner and pay a bit more at HMV

• Like 1

It's fascinating, I started looking at the twatter accounts of the people that didn't agree with her stance, and they were all really low numbers of followers and virtually no posts. Yet, they felt this was the issue that was worth striking up their account for. Something odd there.

Anyway, I bypassed Sounds of the Universe today so I could budget to call in soon and pick something up in solidarity.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Designer1 said:

a0093294569_16.jpg

Church of the Cosmic Skull - Science Fiction :thumb:

Love these guys, "Brother" Sam's (the epic-moustachioed fella) previous band (the unfortunately titled but nevertheless terrific You Slut!) were pretty much my gateway into spazzy instrumental math rock (a fact he has apologised to me for).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Love these guys, "Brother" Sam's (the epic-moustachioed fella) previous band (the unfortunately titled but nevertheless terrific You Slut!) were pretty much my gateway into spazzy instrumental math rock (a fact he has apologised to me for).

Terrific live band too.

Magazine - Magic, Murder and the Weather. An album that doesn't get the credit it deserves. Magazine are much lauded and rightly so but when it comes to compilations and career retrospectives and the like only the first track About the Weather generally makes them. This album deserves better treatment than that.

R-720057-1194277316.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

Â