What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Oh, a man of taste. You'd never catch me in a tank top though, even in the '70s. My mother attempted that once, it was an unrepeated experiment

But the ray-bans, beard and curly hair. :D Bow, back on topic. I've **** this thread up long enough now:

image.png.ef2fb84d189228c57cd955e246e3dc40.png

46804664144_681b6dd447_n.jpg

Well I'm super chuffed with this.

Now I've paid it some proper attention, it also has a track by Nissenenmondai who are probably my favourite all female Japanese experimental instrumental rock band. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

46804664144_681b6dd447_n.jpg

Well I'm super chuffed with this.

Now I've paid it some proper attention, it also has a track by Nissenenmondai who are probably my favourite all female Japanese experimental instrumental rock band. 

Two AMS produced albums, I have one of them (The first one). Sides A & B are probably the straightest productions AMS has ever done. Sides C&D are live performances with AMS doing a typical AMS live Mix (like the track on this album, in fact this track is an edit of side C I think)

But I'm glad you are pleased with PIAB V7, it's freaking awesome! It definitely exceeded my already high expectations

• Like 1

Yeah, I've got that as a double CD with the second CD being the live mix - which is far superior to the first CD in my opinion.

I think, back when I was raving about them they were a bit marmite and I think I recall either BOF or Blandy either loving it or hating it. I know! Great story.

• Like 1

R-48383-1184814920.jpeg.jpg.421c3d5d226b9e4642bba05c6c476f25.jpg
Various Artists - 'Earthbeat'

It says various artists but Candese, Mental Cube, Indo Tribe, Humanoid and Yage are all The Future Sound Of London, who mostly trade as Amorphous Androgynous these days.

This has the version of 'Papua New Guinea' without drums, which spawned various remixes in different styles as fashions changed down the timeline.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Xann said:

R-48383-1184814920.jpeg.jpg.421c3d5d226b9e4642bba05c6c476f25.jpg
Various Artists - 'Earthbeat'

It says various artists but Candese, Mental Cube, Indo Tribe, Humanoid and Yage are all The Future Sound Of London, who mostly trade as Amorphous Androgynous these days.

This has the version of 'Papua New Guinea' without drums, which spawned various remixes in different styles as fashions changed down the timeline.

That looks really interesting. FSL have a release of remixes of Yage on offer this Record Store Day.

I don't really do, RSD, but it was the only thing I could see that would interest me. So hopefully my local gets a copy and can't shift it so then I can do a deal in a few months time. They have an RSD bargains bin from previous years.

8 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I don't really do, RSD,

Same here. I was in Probe the other day and they were telling me that they think this will be their last one participating in it. Getting to be way too much work and every year the releases get worse and they just end up being blackmailed by the big players to stock all the “popular” Bowie et al releases. They also say the smaller labels can’t get anything pressed in the run up to it, so it’s actually harming the indie end of the market

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

That looks really interesting.

There's a few good tracks. More if you bang an E? :)

Could burn you a copy?

Looked at the RSD releases when they were first published, not much caught the eye.

I've got one of last year's Black Friday titles on order now though.

No one had it at the time.

• Like 1

On 04/04/2019 at 09:39, Xann said:

Not a problem - It's not like you don't support the industry :)

vinyl sales up for the 13th consecutive year! 

yet everything I've got, I've had for ages .... 😎

Music Report

IFPI also revealed that the vinyl revival continues globally. The format was up 6% and recorded its 13th consecutive year of growth. Vinyl now has a 3.6% share of the overall market.

A leading expert said 'whilst vinyl sales are only a small proportion of the industry overall, they represent our best consumers, the one's that are intellectually and aesthetically superior. People downloading individual tracks are basically chavs that probably don't even like music, they just need beats in the background as they queue at some shitty drive thru, or are looking for a killer tune to stick in the background of their youtube based vanity project that nobody will see.'

• Haha 2

Unsure where to put this, but this is as good a place as any. 

Alan Lomax's archive goes online

A huge treasure trove of songs and interviews recorded by the legendary folklorist Alan Lomaxfrom the 1940s into the 1990s have been digitized and made available online for free listening. The Association for Cultural Equity, a nonprofit organization founded by Lomax in the 1980s, has posted some 17,000 recordings. When you click to this page, see the navigation on the right.

Assume a lot of people know who Alan Lomax is.

• Like 2

Â