What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

£ee $cratch Perry - Rainford. The latest joint effort between the godlike genius Adrian Maxwell Sherwood and Rainford Hugh Perry

I even braved the red hordes assembling for the victory parade to get into town for this today, which I'd normally avoid like the plague but I wasn't waiting another week, I've only been waiting a full year since it was announced it was happening.

Nice posthumous use of a Style Scott drum track on Makumba Rock which also features LSP chanting "United Kingdom - Charles won't be King!"

Lovely backing vocals on a number of tracks by AMS's daughters Emily and Denise (Can't wait for her first album later in the year)

Also features quite a few of the On-U regulars Skip McDonald, Doug Wimbish, George Oban, Crucial Tony & Mr Magoo, (from Creation Rebel) and Crocodile (from African Headcharge)

Its chock full of the usual AMS production tricks and on first listen is as good as I expected it to be

R-13699821-1559294945-8754.jpeg.jpg

Here's the album closer, the story of his life...

• Like 1

R-13662261-1558521620-2104.jpeg.jpg

Russian outfit Gnoomes' new album Mu! Out now on Rocket Records. 

Plenty of motorik beats, hints of shoegaze with some Komische pop influences too. Definitely reminiscent of Klaus Dinger

Sort of a bit like TVAM crossed Les Big Byrd for a more modern description

I'm not normally a fan of live albums but this one is one of the exceptions. Limited edition (2500 worldwide in 4 variants) vinyl only release

Wooden Shjips - Shjips In The Night - Live In San Francisco, June 8, 2018

R-13478231-1555144498-8292.jpeg.jpg

Killdozer - For Ladies only. An album of covers, it's really not that good, in fact it's mainly awful save for the version of American Pie, which is the reason I bought it and the reason I shall keep it. But as an album, nah

R-1870390-1416853069-4461.jpeg.jpg

I may have posted this before. The absolutely iconic Pillows and Prayers - A Cherry Red Label Compilation that sold for 99p or less. Even back in 1982 they were essentially giving these away. Plenty more labels followed suit with these cheap sampler LPs but this was always amongst the best, hardly a really duff track on it, an eclectic mix, even though Everything but the Girl between the two of them appear four times. Ben Watt and Tracey Thorn have a solo track each, The Marine Girls one  and EBTG another.. It does kind of flow correctly as an album though. A truely democratic album, it was cheaper than a single, everyone could afford it and nearly everyone I knew who was into the Indie side of the music scene back then, owned a copy.

R-180880-1274480338.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

Another compilation. Though this is more of the flogging a dead horse type. All Stax records tracks. I think I bught this second hand a long time ago for the DJ set (Emergency records for covering all bases), probably for Booker T and Eddie Floyd. But it does have some great tracks other than those on it too

R-3587638-1336392804.jpeg.jpg

One of today's purchases

Drokk - Music Inspired by Mega City One 

A Soundtrack to an imaganry Judge Dredd Film by Geoff Barrow (Beak> & Portishead) & his film score collaborator Ben Salisbury

Released originally in 2012 but re-released today with added extras in a lovely die cut embossed sleeve resembling an old large floppy disk (yeah Peter Saville eat your heart out)

It's a very minimalist droney dark ambient album.

R-13663160-1559491988-4452.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, bickster said:

resembling an old large floppy disk

It's even write protected, I love that so much

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

I've been listening to this box set this week, I suspect @mjmooneywill have the same opinion of mine as I have of his  :mrgreen:

cover_1126327122010.jpg&f=1

No, I don't mind a bit of Radiohead. 

• Like 1

Â