What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

I now appear to be listening to a white label of "OV Power" by Psychic TV

It's very odd because it's a white label of something that's pretty much a semi-official bootleg, of something and my white label, is marked up as being 1984, when the bootleg was 1985. I can find no mention of this WL on discogs or anywhere else for that matter

Not worth posting a photo of a piece of black wax with white  centre labels.

It's also not the same as the bootleg as it plays at 45rpm and the track timings are wrong

I've certainly never heard this before and I pretty much never need to hear it again. Its just a plodding beat with Genesis P shouting OV Power with the some meandering brass instruments

22 hours ago, bickster said:

This won't last long on the platter. Full of absolutely staggeringly shite cover versions of some absolute shite. I'd put it in the sell pile but no-one would want it

R-501843-1376384873-9018.jpeg.jpg

I was at one point a wedding present completist so bought this. Its not a great album but The Fall are pretty excellent on it. 

Just now, Seat68 said:

I was at one point a wedding present completist so bought this. Its not a great album but The Fall are pretty excellent on it. 

Yes, those are the best two tracks. Still covers of the Schmeatles though

15 hours ago, bickster said:

@rjw63What turntable is that? And do you find the centre stabilising clamp makes any difference? Always been a bit sceptical myself

Beaten to the reply by Odd Tunes Kid ;)

Yeah, not sure the clamp makes any difference TBH...it looks nice though and came in a posh box :)

The RP3 turntable you can't get for £140 second hand any more unless yer lucky, prices have raised somewhat.

Edited by rjw63
shpeeling
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 03/04/2019 at 12:08, chrisp65 said:

Now I've paid it some proper attention, it also has a track by Nissenenmondai who are probably my favourite all female Japanese experimental instrumental rock band. 

Not even my favourite Japanese band produced by Adrian Sherwood, that honour goes to...

Japanese Techno Reggae in  dub style

And as it happens I am playing the album We Are Audio Active (Tokyo Space Cowboys) right now having found the CD in the CD section of the vaults about ten minutes ago

• Like 1

Â