What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

52 minutes ago, bickster said:

Dinked version I take it? Already selling for silly money again. I took a punt on this today. Mine's supposed to be yellow vinyl but looks more like a sort of "Dutch Orange". Giving it a spin now

Yes, dinked.

Only 300 this time apparently. Embossed sleeve, coloured vinyl, an art print insert signed by the band and download. Played it a few times now and it's fitting in with that whole Goat / Flaming Lips / Les Big Byrd / TVAM side of the collection. Sort of mildly psych pop.

Which makes it a nicer filler for the lack of new stuff from these guys:

47789371831_e3b35e6295.jpg

(More) Rings Around The World is a sort of semi acoustic remix and soooo Beach Boys.

I'm supposed to be doing manly DIY things out the garage, but so far it's mostly involved rediscovering old CD's.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Xann said:

They've been in the 'What Song' thread for five :P

Never noticed before. I thought I was being really cool by introducing this band to VT 😉 You also need to realise I’m way behind the times. 

• Like 1

I only bought this today (it was missing from my collection so I bought a replacement). I must say its perfect after you've slowly over a number of hours consumed a bottle of red wine, just before you go to bed

R-1802388-1244300070.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, rjw63 said:

Gerald Scarfe on the first one ;)

That album was a big influence on me. 

We would visit a relative on a weekend and he had that album, and he knew I liked music and would insist on putting it on for me.

I **** hated Pink Floyd with a passion.

Just now, chrisp65 said:

That album was a big influence on me. 

We would visit a relative on a weekend and he had that album, and he knew I liked music and would insist on putting it on for me.

I **** hated Pink Floyd with a passion.

Can't beat a bit of Floyd! ;)

Next up:

s-l640.jpg

• Like 2

21 hours ago, rjw63 said:

pink-floyd-the-wall-vinyl-lp-record--8_4

40 years I've had this LP,  bought it from Reddingtons (one of the few times I purchased new stuff there) and only today discovered it's a Dutch pressing.

Â