What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

First up tonight is Diesel River - by The Weather Prophets. A German compilation of early WP singles (As and Bs). In rather fine condition. I seem to remember I bought some of the early WP stuff out of loyalty after The Loft split up but was somewhat unimpressed by it at the time. I'm much more fond of it now.

R-2163270-1267402855.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

When you have absolutely no recollection of a band or what they sound like. I suspect I bought this because it was on 4AD, I also suspect that its only on it's second ever play and I'm doubting I'll get to the end. If I get as far as the cover of Signed DC I'll be shocked

Spirea X - Fireblade Skies

R-589012-1140947498.jpeg.jpg

Doing my own bit of retro this evening. A 1982 Creation 'best of' and an absolute gem from 1983 'Thewisermiserdemelza' a bit of pre brit pop psych pop that sounds like it could have been recorded in '93 not '83. 

32532361697_e0e93306f3.jpg

• Like 1

Another one that needs no introduction. It has a few cracks and pops so far but only between tracks. In amazing condition considering this was a DJing staple for years, it really shouldn't be alive

R-607840-1445523998-4903.jpeg.jpg

• Like 4

One for fans of early R.E.M. I guess. Not really that much like R.E.M. but very indicative of that whole US scene that spawned them but the R.E.M. connection is Mitch Easter, co-producer of R.E.M.'s first two albums Murmur & Reckoning

R-1788717-1487327212-2422.jpeg.jpg

4 hours ago, bickster said:

One for fans of early R.E.M. I guess. Not really that much like R.E.M. but very indicative of that whole US scene that spawned them but the R.E.M. connection is Mitch Easter, co-producer of R.E.M.'s first two albums Murmur & Reckoning

R-1788717-1487327212-2422.jpeg.jpg

Not heard that, but I well like Pylon, Guadalcanal Diary etc. I shall seek it out

• Like 1

The definition of restraint, me coming back from town with only one vinyl purchase having been to two diffferent record shops

Thanks to @Xann(I think) for posting the clip a few weeks ago

Thanks to Bob in Probe for letting me have it a day before release day

R-13407177-1553615627-8812.jpeg.jpg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, bickster said:

The definition of restraint, me coming back from town with only one vinyl purchase having been to two different record shops

Thanks to @Xann(I think) for posting the clip a few weeks ago

Long quiet passages. You should have got the CD ;)

• Haha 1

Â