What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Downloads

Choice of codec?

Hate it when it's MP3 only.

Jean Jacques Perrey on the Ondioline offered a 96kHz download when you bought the vinyl!

just to bang on about Sparks again

bloody hell that's a combo, Giorgio Moroder 7'30" mix of No1 Song

a 3'30" slow intro and then just deep fruity synth trying to shake the plaster off the walls

currently be like

6cQycer.gif

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

bloody hell that's a combo, Giorgio Moroder 7'30" mix of No1 Song

I've said it on VT before (not so long ago IIRC) that Number 1 Song (The long version) is one of THE best 12" extended versions of a song ever. The first half, the preamble, the front extension, part 1, whatever you want to call it makes the pop song that follows ten times the song it is on its own and it's a decent pop song on its own too.

This will definitely be on my shopping list on Monday. If I'd had the money on me yesterday it would have been my other purchase but I was a bit lacking in the readies

Bit pissed off that the postman just walked passed the house and there was no sign of my Pay It All Back Vol 7 under his arm

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Xann said:

WAV HD is maybe 24/48kHz - Which clocks in at around 2400 kbps - Pretty good stuff! :D

Yeah, that's what I went for in the end. Didn't see the point in download the video versions as, well they gave them me on a DVD

Those Royal Mail people are nasty, there were two of them and the attractive female had it under her arm. Pig in shit :mrgreen:

The missus has been informed that food shopping has been delayed

In all the record stores of the world, dub vendors, back street dealers, rough traders....Play, play ... Pay It All Back

0373A797-9F9E-485B-9A0F-D946D868B58A.jpeg

oooooooh

I think that just went to the top of the list, I clocked a Funkadelic album earlier which I had plans for if we ended up back in town tomorrow, now I'm texting to get one of those put aside for me...

• Like 1

Just now, bickster said:

Not sure why people say that for some artists its all I need. Because they don't interest me enough for anything else

Yeah, I know what you mean. I love listening to music as albums (never been one for sticking things on shuffle for example) and a greatest hits album feels a bit like listening to a band on shuffle. 

So I generally avoid. 

14 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I love listening to music as albums (never been one for sticking things on shuffle for example) and a greatest hits album feels a bit like listening to a band on shuffle. 

So I generally avoid. 

I will probably never listen to a GH from start to finish, just selected tracks

On 29/03/2019 at 11:17, chrisp65 said:

No 1 Song In Heaven

40th Anniversary reissue

40 😲

47438915902_e7268c8d7d_z.jpg

Bought this today, got a bit of a bargain, methinks it was mispriced at £16 (Jacaranda Records), it was £21 in my regular haunt. We have 2 decent record shops in Liverpool now. Jacaranda is a record shop/bar/cafe and a night time venue. Could be very f***ing dangerous for my wallet

• Like 1

Â