What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

19 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Alabama 3

Exile On Cold Harbour Lane

28207281047_32e1be173e.jpg

I'm not saying its the best album, but its in the top one.

Met someone the other week, a friend of a friend who is mates with them from schooldays (and still is) plus another mate of mine was a good friend of theirs, remixed quite a bit of their stuff until they fell out a while back (my mates fault by all accounts).

Still never really listened to them :mrgreen:

33 minutes ago, bickster said:

Met someone the other week, a friend of a friend who is mates with them from schooldays (and still is) plus another mate of mine was a good friend of theirs, remixed quite a bit of their stuff until they fell out a while back (my mates fault by all accounts).

Still never really listened to them :mrgreen:

I've had a drink with them a couple of times, including crashing the green room at a couple of gigs.

They are a life affirming chaos.

So many great gig stories around them and the crowd they attract. 

I've mentioned before that I'm not a completist, deliberately so. But this band is the closest I've ever got to having everything I can find. Can't even say that about The Jam or Super Furries.

Jam was like a religion back in the day. I don't currently have All Mod Cons, Setting Sons, Snap and a few other things. These guys, A3, I look at the merch stall and I think, I've got more than they have.

Outdoor gig in Chepstow Castle next. I'll be there. Following day already marked down as lost.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I've had a drink with them a couple of times, including crashing the green room at a couple of gigs.

Met Nick Reynolds this year. Nice guy.

Not a deep muso like your other mate, Kev. It's a wider Psych tinged Western genre thing for Nick, not just the sonics.

• Like 1

I've spoken to Nick a couple of times, I was helping myself to his vodka and he took exception to my pink shoes! All in good spirit really, but having Nick Reynolds in your face ranting about your shoes and sexuality is quite an experience.

Rob I've spoken to a couple of times in bars before and after gigs, he's fine but I think he can get a bit heavy on the substances some times. Jake, love him, he's a space cadet he's got us in for free a couple of times and will happily tell anyone the secret guest list name to drop at the door. Piers isn't in the band anymore, but he's the holder of a vast body of unreleased remixes and stuff so I've buddied up with him on the interweb! Sent me a stack of stuff and I **** lost it in a laptop upgrade. 

I'm sounding like I'm well in with them, I'm not, that's taken years of stalking!

Anyway, on with the show. It's ladies day at Chez P

43109434151_11061b6e35.jpg

I've had to ship the last of her records in to storage, so I've bought her a 'best of' CD. 

Today, there was a whole section set up for @mjmooney

42388976534_8c73ec9cbb.jpg

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I've spoken to Nick a couple of times, I was helping myself to his vodka and he took exception to my pink shoes! All in good spirit really, but having Nick Reynolds in your face ranting about your shoes and sexuality is quite an experience.

Rob I've spoken to a couple of times in bars before and after gigs, he's fine but I think he can get a bit heavy on the substances some times. Jake, love him, he's a space cadet he's got us in for free a couple of times and will happily tell anyone the secret guest list name to drop at the door. Piers isn't in the band anymore, but he's the holder of a vast body of unreleased remixes and stuff so I've buddied up with him on the interweb! Sent me a stack of stuff and I **** lost it in a laptop upgrade. 

I'm sounding like I'm well in with them, I'm not, that's taken years of stalking!

Anyway, on with the show. It's ladies day at Chez P

43109434151_11061b6e35.jpg

I've had to ship the last of her records in to storage, so I've bought her a 'best of' CD. 

Today, there was a whole section set up for @mjmooney

42388976534_8c73ec9cbb.jpg

**** tribute to stereophonics on the right. 

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Not just me. rjw6, and plenty of other Neil Young fans on VT. 

Yup, got all of those and most on vinyl.

The ones I haven't got are "Are You Passionate" and "Chrome Dreams II" and "Broken Arrow" (if that's what the one on the bottom row middle is). Way too expensive.

I'd have to confess we've been playing that double CD of the Eagles most of the day (it's basically the Hotel California album plus other stuff) and every track I think, yeah I like that one, that one's ok, this one is good.

But I wouldn't describe myself as liking The Eagles.

Band name and genre snobbery on my part I guess.

• Like 1

On 01/07/2018 at 06:18, Dr_Pangloss said:

Image result for mecca and the soul brother

Nice pick. For me, these guys are way underrated. it's very rudimentary style stuff but it was so cool when it came out

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Nice pick. For me, these guys are way underrated. it's very rudimentary style stuff but it was so cool when it came out

I agree. Pete Rock is one of the all time great producers. CL Smooth was amazing and should have been a lot bigger, a great MC. I actually saw the two live in London last year and it was one of the best live performances I've seen, CL was amazing, still has it.

Â