What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

14 hours ago, blandy said:

Yeah, I agree. Reminds me of this from Wolves in the Throne Room

Great pick. WitTR are another excellent metal band and up there with my favourites.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Great pick. WitTR are another excellent metal band and up there with my favourites.

Thanks. I own only two albums of metal bands. One by Colibra, (a mate is the drummer), and the WiTR one, which I bought (having never heard anything by them) purely on the basis that I was reading an AVH interview one day on the computer at work and she said she’d sung on some tracks on a new record by some of her friends called WitTR...so I ordered it off that internet purely because of that.  When I’m in the right frame of mind it’s grand, even though as a genre it’s not really my thing.

1 minute ago, blandy said:

Thanks. I own only two albums of metal bands. One by Colibra, (a mate is the drummer), and the WiTR one, which I bought (having never heard anything by them) purely on the basis that I was reading an AVH interview one day on the computer at work and she said she’d sung on some tracks on a new record by some of her friends called WitTR...so I ordered it off that internet purely because of that.  When I’m in the right frame of mind it’s grand, even though as a genre it’s not really my thing.

You picked an excellent metal album to start with that is for sure. I think their best is Two Hunters personally but this isn't far behind and I hold that one as one of my all-time favs within the genre.

First time I heard Thrice Woven I was a bit surprised to hear female vocals sung in Swedish tbh :D. I mean these guys are pretty much isolated farmers from Oregon.

7 hours ago, blandy said:

I assumed they must be Swedish!  Thanks for the recommendation.

I was wrong, they're apparently from Olympia, Washington. Close enough I suppose ;).

Also no problem! If you ever need a good recommendation for metal I'm your guy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

....aaand all of a sudden, I’m interested. Olympia?

That’s got some claims to fame, for such a small place. Just googled up the population and it’s 50,000, yet they’ve managed:

K Records

Calvin Johnson

Selector Dub Narcotic

Curt Cobain

Birth place of riot grrrl

Don Rich

Wolves In The Throne Room

and one of the original places ‘lo-fi’ started

Not a bad list for 50,000 people.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

That’s got some claims to fame, for such a small place. Just googled up the population and it’s 50,000, yet they’ve managed:

K Records

Calvin Johnson

Selector Dub Narcotic

Curt Cobain

Don Rich

And, courtney love, apparently she “went to school...in olympia” She didn’t though, I think its a reference to Bikini Kill.

One of the few Hole songs I like  

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

K Records

Calvin Johnson

Selector Dub Narcotic

Curt Cobain

Don Rich

I know this is the album thread, not the song thread, but it's more topical here:

• Like 1

Listening to a truly great black metal band from Manchester Winterfylleth and their album The Hallowing Of Heirdom. This album is an acoustic folk album that completely had me blindsided the first time I heard it. It's mainly centered around English folklore and composed of classical guitar compositions as well as choral singing. Absolutely fantastic album imo and very beautiful. Here's an extract:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

spacer.png

Half of Type O Negative, with a bit of Agnostic Front (J.James) and InHuman (H.Hell).

Good stuff, and lyrically a part-eulogy to the late, great Pete Steele 😔

interesting...will give this a go out of curiosity.

• Like 1

Biffy Clyro's new album is released today. Not a band I would usually listen to but I'm tempted as i'm so bored with a lack of new music atm, i'm currently listening to The Distillers a lot like i'm 15 again.

Anyone given the BC album a go?

Edited by PieFacE

Â