What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Happy birthday fella. Nice that the family got you an LP that you would like for the big day. 

Not too far off!

I’m at that age where I know I’ve got 56 mortgage repayments left!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

50241064303_af5a319a72_c.jpg

This guy, this guy was the dirt in Super Furry Animals.

Superb stuff.

Never heard it before, currently about 2/3rds of the way through it. Enjoying it. You can definitely see the bits he contributed to SFA

• Like 1

Saw him live a couple of times.

He reminded me of Xann a bit, this shaven headed guy, twiddling oscillator type mystery knobs and boxes on a stage and trying to pick political fights with the crowd.

I was absolutely loving it, when my mate brought me back to the real world and asked if it had actually started. He’d presumed he was trying to tune or fix something but then realised something was up when people started clapping.

He does a pretty broad range of stuff, worth seeking out Omni, under the name Acid Casuals, if you like the more synth stuff.

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

He does a pretty broad range of stuff, worth seeking out Omni, under the name Acid Casuals, if you like the more synth stuff.

Just in time for the other album finishing, opening track title is a belter!

• Like 1

Anybody doing anything about Record Store Day (1 of 3)?

There were a couple of things on their list that looked interesting but not exactly essential.

Better value to be had on other days in reality, for me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Anybody doing anything about Record Store Day (1 of 3)?

There were a couple of things on their list that looked interesting but not exactly essential.

Better value to be had on other days in reality, for me.

Gave up even looking at the lists a couple of years ago, though the pandemic has caused it to be more of what I wanted it to be in terms of smaller and more regular. Tbph I didn't even realise it was coming round (or I'd forgotten)

Bloody. Brilliant.

Like if The Dillinger Escape Plan decided to quit odd time signatures after binging on This Heat and hired Nick Cave to front them 

Edited by osmark86
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Bloody. Brilliant.

Like if The Dillinger Escape Plan decided to quit odd time signatures after binging on This Heat and hired Nick Cave to front them 

This sounds pretty interesting actually. Will look into them more. Nice one.

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

This sounds pretty interesting actually. Will look into them more. Nice one.

The album that track is from is excellent. I think I was extolling its virtues on here a year or so back.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

The album that track is from is excellent. I think I was extolling its virtues on here a year or so back.

Totally whooshed me by. So glad I gave it a go now though.

Don't tell me how to do my jooooob \m/

On 19/08/2020 at 21:01, osmark86 said:

Bloody. Brilliant.

Liking this album a lot. Gives me serious Girl Band vibes. If you like this album you might like...

girlband_thetalkies.jpg

It's weird but cool af once you get into it. Though, it's not as dark as the Daughters album.  The intro to the above album is kinda weird, it sounds like someone is just breathing heavily into the mic but apparently the frontman was having an actual panic attack and recorded it 😂

Edited by PieFacE
  • Thanks 1

Be rude not to after the discussion in the 'On this day in history' thread 

Driving over to my folks shortly so will be blasting this on the motorway

BeHereNowcover.jpg

Â