What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

On 11/09/2020 at 14:23, stuart_75 said:

New Doves album out today, and rather good it is too.

I was as pleased as anybody that they finally started working again. I'm currently on my second listen and hoping its a grower. My first listen and thoughts were that it was lacking a bit of edge that their work previously had. Its something unquantifiable that seems to be missing, I don't think there's anything on there that is bad, I just don't think there's much on there that is sufficiently different to what has come before. It's a bit Doves by numbers

Having said this, I'll probably really like it in a few weeks

I also think its a bit of an odd time to release it, end of Oct/ start of Nov would have been better as Doves are definitely a cold weather band for me

Anyone given the new Marilyn Manson album a go? Not really a big fan of his but randomly saw a review for the album (was very highly praised) so have listened to it maybe 5 or 6 times now and it's actually quite good. I'm shocked. But recommend giving it a go if that's your kind of thing. 

There's a ****-ton of Bowie in this album.

Edited by PieFacE

27 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Anyone given the new Marilyn Manson album a go? Not really a big fan of his but randomly saw a review for the album (was very highly praised) so have listened to it maybe 5 or 6 times now and it's actually quite good. I'm shocked. But recommend giving it a go if that's your kind of thing. 

Well I love him anyway so yeah, its bloody great!

I was just investigating some upcoming new releases and via recent single for a forthcoming album I came across this, their last album from 2019

Frankie and the Witchfingers - Zam. Garage Rock very like John Dwyer / Thee Oh Sees. If that's your thing, this may be for you

R-13262473-1550952180-5684.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

On 18/09/2020 at 08:23, PieFacE said:

May give it a go.

Actually didn’t mind Pale Emperor after he did absolute tonne of rubbish records. Didn’t bother with the next one though. I saw him live and thought he was utter rubbish and almost certainly on a lot of substances. Think he started acting like a tw*t again and so couldn’t be bothered. 

1 minute ago, bielesibub said:

This is bugging me, I think I saw Napalm Death at the Barrel Organ in the 90's, I had no idea they were still going.

Watched them the last time 3 years ago. It's their 16th album :D 

Their singer Barney is a Villa fan.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sne said:

@bielesibub. He did a podcast about a month ago and it was record the week after the west ham game. He basically spent the first 20/30 minutes talking about villa! Really good, can’t remember if it got posted on here though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Last band I was able to see were Fields of the Nephilim in London. I knew one of them (Napalm Death) was a Villa fan, they came up to me because I was the scabby goth with a Villa badge on my leather jacket.

Edited by bielesibub
  • Like 2

Not been to a proper concert since November last year I think :( Swedish artist named Hurula.

Been to a few smaller shows where friends have played but that's sitting only dinner and a show type things. Almost gotten used to no concerts by now.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, sne said:

Not been to a proper concert since November last year I think :( Swedish artist named Hurula.

Been to a few smaller shows where friends have played but that's sitting only dinner and a show type things. Almost gotten used to no concerts by now.

That sucks. My last one was actually napalm death back in February. Got a few set up for next year but it’s sucked without gigs! Love live music.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bickster said:

I was just investigating some upcoming new releases and via recent single for a forthcoming album I came across this, their last album from 2019

Frankie and the Witchfingers - Zam. Garage Rock very like John Dwyer / Thee Oh Sees. If that's your thing, this may be for you

R-13262473-1550952180-5684.jpeg.jpg

Top recommendation 👍

Will be picking this up and just noted they’ve a new release coming out in a few weeks time! 

purchased and loving it!!! 

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

Â