• Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am worried about 2 things with Rafa.

1: We can't afford too many more expensive mistakes in the transfer market and his record is poor at best. And before anyone mentions Torres, my granny could have picked him out. He wasn't exactly unheard of.

2. The Liverpool style of play was very unattractive under Benitez. One up front, and no threat out wide left Liverpool often playing route 1 football up to Torres or relying on a bit of magic from Alonso and Gerrard to get the goals. :puke:

Yeh the football will be not pretty to watch and very negative.

Wouldn't be suprised if he sells Downing , Albrighton and co. as he seems to not like or is allergic to good wide players or natural wingers .

In so excited - and I just can't hide it. I actually think, I'm about to lose control.... And do you know what? I think I like it.

Valhalla - surprise! Mclaren is a weasel! :D and couldn't even get ENGLAND to the Euros!!!

Interesting stuff from MM. In line with my post this morning that we are down to three runners.

Moyes

Rafa

Carlo

I'm glad the mediocre names being spoken about are not being considered. Hughes, Martinez, Coyle :o

if MM is right rafa it will be

I really can't think of anyone on a 'meltdown' scale who hasn't (seemingly) been ruled out. Ancelotti is obviously the one - were his comments last week just another scokescreen? Moyes/Benitez - would they be meltdown? Villa-Boas - almost impossible to get him from Porto

Moyes won't come (i see to remember Randy doesn't like poaching managers in employment)

Carlo is taking a year out to "find himself" or some shite

Jol has gone to fulham

Hughes, concerned about his staying power

Given what's left, why not Rafa....

Unless Randy has an ace up his sleeve the size of the Rotunda

Given

Given?

As in Shay Given? as manager?

No sorry, Submitted without checking. Given wasn't supposed to be there, lol... :oops:

When talking about "Bent meltdown" the only manager to cause such a scene would be Moyes.

Ancelotti? Not really, he has been mentioned in the media and I think all should see the possible downside in having him here. A very expensive mistake so to speak.

Moyes won't come (i see to remember Randy doesn't like poaching managers in employment)

What makes you say that? He's only had to choose 1 manager so far, Jol said we had contacted him whilst he was at Ajax..he was employed.

seem to remember reading/hearing that, mind you i could be wrong, maybe one of you guys may remember just before Houllier was appointed

Just been on the Liverpool forum...They adore Rafa and think he will do a great job at Villa. They seem to think the British media have been out to get Benitez for a while now, and he is a great manager.

Why did they sack him them ?

Not good for Liverpool - but good enough for you guys at Villa Park. Patronizing scouse gits

How many times guys we aren't friggin Liverpool.....

Not at the moment, but we could be in the future if we give one of these managers a chance & not slate them before they've even been interviewed

WE have already tried with one ex liverpool manager - and look how that ended

Not this again.

It makes no difference what clubs Benitez has managed before.

It does to me pal.

I remember coming back from highbury 1981 - League Champions - Radio & TV hardly gave us any credit - the big story was liverpool qualifying for europe - where there animal fans murdered 40 innocent italians

Or hillsborough where the scum turned up without tickets - causing the worst football death toll in the UK - and leading the way for all seater staduims ......

if you think its ok to accept there cast of manager ......not me

Terrible message. Calling the victims of Hillsborough "scum" and using it as a reason for not wanting Benitez. I am quite worried the fans are going to turn on the new manager straight away.

Interesting stuff from MM. In line with my post this morning that we are down to three runners.

Moyes

Rafa

Carlo

I'm glad the mediocre names being spoken about are not being considered. Hughes, Martinez, Coyle :o

if MM is right rafa it will be

That only looks like one runner to me.

Just been on the Liverpool forum...They adore Rafa and think he will do a great job at Villa. They seem to think the British media have been out to get Benitez for a while now, and he is a great manager.

Why did they sack him them ?

Not good for Liverpool - but good enough for you guys at Villa Park. Patronizing scouse gits

How many times guys we aren't friggin Liverpool.....

Not at the moment, but we could be in the future if we give one of these managers a chance & not slate them before they've even been interviewed

WE have already tried with one ex liverpool manager - and look how that ended

Not this again.

It makes no difference what clubs Benitez has managed before.

It does to me pal.

I remember coming back from highbury 1981 - League Champions - Radio & TV hardly gave us any credit - the big story was liverpool qualifying for europe - where there animal fans murdered 40 innocent italians

Or hillsborough where the scum turned up without tickets - causing the worst football death toll in the UK - and leading the way for all seater staduims ......

if you think its ok to accept there cast of manager ......not me

Benitez managed Liverpool for a few years - that's all. I don't like Liverpool in fact I'd say I hate them but that doesn't mean anything to do with Liverpool (and by that I mean players and managers) is a no go. Are you telling me that if Benitez had done what he did but with Chelsea you wouldn't have anywhere near as much of a problem with him becoming Villa manager?

Benitez wouldn't be my first choice and there are some valid points against him but this one isn't valid at all.

When talking about "Bent meltdown" the only manager to cause such a scene would be Moyes.

Ancelotti? Not really, he has been mentioned in the media and I think all should see the possible downside in having him here. A very expensive mistake so to speak.

lol, the only "bent meltdown" would actually be ancelotti.

Its pretty well regarded hes villa fans number 1, I would say. even the poll on here had him ahead of moyes.