• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Just spoke to Consumer Sales about the away scheme charge that they took out of my account - and they said they've been processing them ahead of schedule since they 'expect to be very busy in the coming days with all the speculation' - I did ask if she knew any insider gossip, nothing apparently just that they watch SSN like the rest of us. Dropped a few names and she just said "We'll see".

No harm in trying I guess!

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not right for villa. And that's no way to treat Steve!

Rafa is full of himself and he won't last. We will be back here in a couple of seasons if we appoint rafa.

Randy if you are reading this do not cancel steves interview!! I'm begging you!!

I can honestly say as a 40+ a season game man home & away, cup and pre-season for the last 10 years... Rafa will never be given time or the patience as the manager of Aston Villa as the hardcore support, many who don't post on forums will not accept him.

There I've said it.

Rafa would be judged the same as any other manager - if he achieves decent results then most people will be happy. Neither he nor the Board are idiots and they will have learned from the Houiller PR mistakes so I've no problem with the Liverpool connection.

Looking at the realistic candidates Rafa would be my first choice. He's a proven winner with lots of experience. At a stable well run club rather than the joke that was L'pool under G&H then I believe he could do a very good job. I can't believe some many would turn their nose up at a manager of this calibre.

No I can't accept it I wont believe it. Please not that stupid FSW. he was appauling at Liverpool. Even Liverpool fans who have blind faith in their manager finally turned on him. He is despised by scousers now who were desperate to get shot of him. He will literally ruin the club.

No true. Did you see the reception he got at the Hillsborough memorial service in April?

Can I just make everyone aware what SSN are saying is true. They are very much the daddy these days and have brushed up their act. They are sometimes late with info but their info is solid akin to the BBC for news. You should have no reason to doubt this is true.

I don't give a toss about some numpty talksport presenter or some amateur brummie local journo.

His record with Valencia was very good which shows there is something in him. He brought them their first league title in over 30 years, then won it again 2 years later, won the Uefa Cup. Eufa Manager of the year award won twice. 55.5 win percentage with Liverpool. He's not brilliant but he's not as bad as people make out.

Can I just make everyone aware what SSN are saying is true. They are very much the daddy these days and have brushed up their act. They are sometimes late with info but their info is solid akin to the BBC for news. You should have no reason to doubt this is true.

I don't give a toss about some numpty talksport presenter or some amateur brummie local journo.

Is this sarcasm? Sky are not as accurate as the BBC at all. They have also said that Villa made a preliminary enquiry about Benitez and are making everyone believe it means he is definitely going to take charge. Well they don't know that do they? All they know is that he must be on our list of managers to sound out, doesn't even mean he is in the top two.

my question would be, "is there anyone the avfc support will back?", I mean come on guys this guy has managed liverpool to champions league glory, if he signs for aston villa he needs a fair crack at the whip, some of you lot are a fickle bunch!!