• Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd welcome rafa. Still a big name.

Agree, I'm just so relieved GED is gone, he was like a bad smell hanging over Aston, can't believe we had to pay him off with several £M

I'd take Rafa but the amount of fans that have already said they don't want him.. I fear it will be Houllier mk2 again.

Depends on him. If he says negative things in his first press con. then yeah it will be. If he shows respect to the club gets results. Good signings etc then no it won't be like GH part 2.

The return to Liverpool however, will be interesting

He will definitly need a good start to get the fans backing, also some exciting signings. His transfer record bothers me but he is a known name across European football which means he can attract a most exciting pool of players to Villa than a Hughes or Martinez. He just needs to make the correct choices.

I hope it is Rafa now. I read an interview he did with the BBC's Dan Walker and to be fair he came across really well. Seems to have learned from his past mistakes and is still hungry for success

Like the phrase 'Villa move for Rafa' - it seems to me that RAFA is the only one who has openley expressed an interest - and is very much the easy option - we don't want the villa board working up a sweat and aproaching managers of other clubs after all.

The positives

He is slight improvement on Houllier

The Negatives

He is only a slight improvement on Houllier

Another washed ex pool manager - who can pick up a fat pay cheque by keeping us mid table.

If the board were to appoint Raffa it would be a disaster. As DOL said "Were Fickle" he was so right.. We all are. Raffa will never be given a chance because as soon as he were to sign a dodgy player who under performs or we go on a bad run all the negative fans who don't want him will be straight on his back like we were with Houllier. I was at Anfield that fatefull night and also at Citeh for the league and cup games and Houllier came in for dogs abuse - It was the beginning of the end for him because those who didn't want him in the first place made there feelings known.

I can honestly say as a 40+ a season game man home & away, cup and pre-season for the last 10 years... Rafa will never be given time or the patience as the manager of Aston Villa as the hardcore support, many who don't post on forums will not accept him.

There I've said it.

If the board were to appoint Raffa it would be a disaster. As DOL said "Were Fickle" he was so right.. We all are. Raffa will never be given a chance because as soon as he were to sign a dodgy player who under performs or we go on a bad run all the negative fans who don't want him will be straight on his back like we were with Houllier. I was at Anfield that fatefull night and also at Citeh for the league and cup games and Houllier came in for dogs abuse - It was the beginning of the end for him because those who didn't want him in the first place made there feelings known.

I can honestly say as a 40+ a season game man home & away, cup and pre-season for the last 10 years... Rafa will never be given time or the patience as the manager of Aston Villa as the hardcore support, many who don't post on forums will not accept him.

There I've said it.

Disagree

I don't like\want RAFA - but so long as he wins more than he looses - he will win me over.

I admit to being fickle - if he comes and wins games - he will get my support - if he doesn't he wont

No I can't accept it I wont believe it. Please not that stupid FSW. he was appauling at Liverpool. Even Liverpool fans who have blind faith in their manager finally turned on him. He is despised by scousers now who were desperate to get shot of him. He will literally ruin the club.

Both MK and TA very quiet last two days, maybe something in what MM was saying. Villa pissed off with them over leaking of stories and to not further ruin their relationship with Villa they are shutting up