• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Just been on the Liverpool forum...They adore Rafa and think he will do a great job at Villa. They seem to think the British media have been out to get Benitez for a while now, and he is a great manager.

Why did they sack him them ?

Not good for Liverpool - but good enough for you guys at Villa Park. Patronizing scouse gits

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you imagine Rafa trying to talk Downing out of going to Liverpool?

Downing: So why shouldn't I go to Liverpool. Isn't that the club you adore?

Rafa: Hmm, good point.

Let him go to liverplop then, for a top price & replace him with someone better for less money.

Is Rafa better connected in Europe in terms of attracting talent than King Kenny? Maybe

And how many good wingers did Rafa exactly sign for Liverpool.......?

answer - None.

Just seen it on sky sports - brilliant delighted we have made a move for Rafa. Think he is a great manager and did well at Liverpool. If it wasn't gonna be Ancelotti or a Dutchman I wanted Rafa.

Finally some news.... Thank **** it's not Martinez or Mclaren!!!

Can you imagine Rafa trying to talk Downing out of going to Liverpool?

Downing: So why shouldn't I go to Liverpool. Isn't that the club you adore?

Rafa: Hmm, good point.

Let him go to liverplop then, for a top price & replace him with someone better for less money.

Is Rafa better connected in Europe in terms of attracting talent than King Kenny? Maybe

And how many good wingers did Rafa exactly sign for Liverpool.......?

answer - None.

Although that probably has something to do with him playing a very narrow formation

His record with Valencia was very good which shows there is something in him. He brought them their first league title in over 30 years, then won it again 2 years later, won the Uefa Cup. Eufa Manager of the year award won twice. 55.5 win percentage with Liverpool. He's not brilliant but he's not as bad as people make out.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Just been on the Liverpool forum...They adore Rafa and think he will do a great job at Villa. They seem to think the British media have been out to get Benitez for a while now, and he is a great manager.

Not good for Liverpool - but good enough for you guys at Villa Park. Patronizing scouse gits

How many times guys we aren't friggin Liverpool.....

Not at the moment, but we could be in the future if we give one of these managers a chance & not slate them before they've even been interviewed

I'd be fairly happy with Rafa, but having been bitten by the Ancelotti bug, im not going to invest any trust into this latest rumour. Infact, I dont believe it and believe it may be another smokescreen by the club.

Basically anything to keep the attention away from the fact that we're probably after Moyes and dont want the public to get wind of it.

i dont like benitez but he has alot to offer still. he failed at inter so this job is make or break for him. if he fails here he will be finished.

he is a excellent tactician, does squad rotation and is a huge name without europe. thats the positives.

negatives? pr disaster very poor at that. doesnt play great football and unless starts well fans will be against him straight away

not my first choice but certainly better than hughes or mclaren

Not at the moment, but we could be in the future if we give one of these managers a chance & not slate them before they've even been interviewed

WE have already tried with one ex liverpool manager - and look how that ended

I don't want to build peoples hopes up I really don't and I don't want to mislead people my earlier post is what I know Hughes not considered McClaren considered but that was it Ancelotti definately considered and wanted to speak to him . I don't know anymore than that but something just tells me there is a ' Bent meltdown ' coming . Don't know why but just a snippet of info which I am not going to post leads me to think that not everything we are hearing and sseing is maybe what we are doing because if it is right it will take it's natural course and I don't want to mess it up either .

Another MM post.

WE have already tried with one ex liverpool manager - and look how that ended

Not this again.

It makes no difference what clubs Benitez has managed before.

He's a good manager but not right for us. This is what happens when things are done by committee They just opt for the best cv,a football man would of picked Martinez.

I'm still in shock at the treatment Steve has received. I bet he was so excited getting his best suit ready,sorting his hair out and packing his umbrella. Then he gets the phone call. Disgusted.