• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion Rafa will at least raise the spirits of the players. Above all, he is very respected in world football. Take away the last year at Liverpool from his resume and

nobody would put him outside the Elite list of managers in the world. The Inter season was bad, but I don't really think he was fit to manage at that time. He needed a break

perhaps, which ultimately ended badly.

When it comes to Moyes, he has created miracles for Everton - but would he do the same at Villa? Completely different team, system, city etc etc. Could have ended badly.

All in all, a decent appointment if true. Better than MANY candidates, and will get us a few good players.

How dare they treat Steve like this!! I'm livid!

Magic Marlon the legend comes to mind looking at your avatar.

Whatever happended to him? Has he changes his screenname?

Sorry On Topic.

Rafa is by all accounts a very decent man as was GH. If he's a bit of a control freak then I would doubt very much if RL would want him at the club.

I'll be surprised if he becomes our manager though because of his track record of preferring to buy an endless succession of foreign players and some of them not very good when he was LFC. The wage bill at LFC must have been horrendous - would Randy really want that again?

He did buy Torres though.

His Inter season wasnt that bad lol, he won alot more than he lost or drew, I tell u what if he comes to aston villa and people moan then we will never make it anywhere because OUR FANS RUIN EVERYTHING!

Just been on the Liverpool forum...They adore Rafa and think he will do a great job at Villa. They seem to think the British media have been out to get Benitez for a while now, and he is a great manager.

How dare they treat Steve like this!! I'm livid!

Magic Marlon the legend comes to mind looking at your avatar.

Whatever happended to him? Has he changes his screenname?

Sorry On Topic.

Rafa is by all accounts a very decent man as was GH. If he's a bit of a control freak then I would doubt very much if RL would want him at the club.

I'll be surprised if he becomes our manager though because of his track record of preferring to buy an endless succession of foreign players and some of them not very good when he was LFC. The wage bill at LFC must have been horrendous - would Randy really want that again?

He did buy Torres though.

To be honest I think Randy will have set out the wage budget before hand.I think any new manger that comes in will know what they are working with.

I still hope it's gonna be van Gaal out of the blue.

Not sure about Rafa, I think the Liverpool situation was turning sour with Hicks and Gillett.

Inter didnt do well with him, think he won the Euro super cup?? Following on from Jose there would have been a tough ask anyway plus I think Serie A football is a totally different kettle of fish. I watch it on ESPN occasionaly and its s***.

Just been on the Liverpool forum...They adore Rafa and think he will do a great job at Villa. They seem to think the British media have been out to get Benitez for a while now, and he is a great manager.

Never trust a Liverfool fan

Can I just make everyone aware what SSN are saying is true. They are very much the daddy these days and have brushed up their act. They are sometimes late with info but their info is solid akin to the BBC for news. You should have no reason to doubt this is true.

I don't give a toss about some numpty talksport presenter or some amateur brummie local journo.

Is this sarcasm? Sky are not as accurate as the BBC at all. They have also said that Villa made a preliminary enquiry about Benitez and are making everyone believe it means he is definitely going to take charge.

That's not their fault! What they are reporting re: preliminary enquiry is true!

His Inter season wasnt that bad lol, he won alot more than he lost or drew, I tell u what if he comes to aston villa and people moan then we will never make it anywhere because OUR FANS RUIN EVERYTHING!

100% Agree with you there!

Never trust a Liverfool fan

:lol:

I can understand that he would have been considered with his cv would be remiss of them not to consider him . However something tells me there are more smoke and mirrors going on . Maybe waiting for a certain person to get back off his hols before much happens

MM posted that and I agree.

Can you imagine Rafa trying to talk Downing out of going to Liverpool?

Downing: So why shouldn't I go to Liverpool. Isn't that the club you adore?

Rafa: Hmm, good point.

Let him go to liverplop then, for a top price & replace him with someone better for less money.

Is Rafa better connected in Europe in terms of attracting talent than King Kenny? Maybe