• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there is a more measured calm about this thread now, perhaps school has restarted. I think it is wonderful to speculate and infer, but to criticise in the manner some do here is deplorable. I don't like Rafa, never liked his style and his facial hair put me off, but Harry the Twitcher puts me off but I wouldn't mind him and his corrupt cronies and Moyes look like the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz and seems short of humour. None of the seem to have the intellectual capacity to read War and Peace which I have, so they are all rubbish, oh but that is not the criteria is it and I don't make the decision and I don't have to put up the money to by the players. If you want to be in charge go and set up a Free School or something. I still think it will be Hughes. Measures of success from Managers previous reigns are interesting and in Four Four Two we would have one the league, if only English goalscorers counted, but that isn't the way it works, the measure of success we need is at Villa, and the trouble with Villa is we don't show the belief. I believe who ever is our manager we will back, we will support and we will hope, even if it is an awful choice.

Best post I've read all day.

I'd take Rafa but the amount of fans that have already said they don't want him.. I fear it will be Houllier mk2 again.

Depends on him. If he says negative things in his first press con. then yeah it will be. If he shows respect to the club gets results. Good signings etc then no it won't be like GH part 2.

The return to Liverpool however, will be interesting

I'd take Rafa but the amount of fans that have already said they don't want him.. I fear it will be Houllier mk2 again.

I think it would be Houllier mark II but worse if I'm honest with results. I'd rather have kept on GH if we could have than appoint Benitez.

If Rafa was serious about a long term commitment to Villa then he could be a good appointment. Proviso being that fans would have to be patient and keep off his back (does that sound like Villa fans?) as he would need time to improve the squad and develop the players in his own inimitable fashion.

I quite like him. Did excellently at Valencia, and at Liverpool too. Inter Milan was a blot on his record, but hey, everyone makes mistakes. What he is good at is tactics and more importantly organising defences, which we could certainly do with...

Inter Milan is a blot on his record because he is on the way down. He has lost it at the top. Nearly destroyed Liverpool with his expensive flop signings. His best days are like Houllier's, stuck in the past.

Liverpool were in decline during his latter days and the fans wanted him out. Him wanting to sign Heskey from us is enough to tell anyone that his best days are behind him.

:oops:

The poll suggests that hopefully people are gradually coming around to the idea and are basing their judgment on the man's achievements rather than past prejudices - and weighing that against the lesser track records of the other options.

The one and only interesting thing here is of course; will he leave behind the antics from when he was last Liverpool manager?

We have to remember that NO person would have survived the last year he had there, pressure was way too high and he didn't

have the money to spend. In many ways it looked like he was working his way out - getting a hefty package from the owners as well.

Above all, he is a very good manager. However, his Internazionale failure leaves dark clouds on his resume without a doubt. Certainly

better than many candidates, especially rubbish like McClaren and Curbishley. My first pick would of course be David Moyes like all the

rest of you, as I think Ancelotti would have been a very bad match. Would he fit into the system living in Birmingham, managing a club

without the glamour like he is used to? Don't think so, I believe he would have grown tired in a very short time.

Rafa? Can be exactly the same, but not far from the top of the list when it comes to international influence. Can attract star players.