• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Rafa will be far more at home as the manager of Everton.

Ex-Liverpool managers don't take over at Everton. Especially controversial ones. And if they did, I have a feeling they wouldn't feel 'at home' all that much.

Be seriously disappointed if its Rafa..Liverpool struggled big time trying to get the man out of Anfield.

It'd be a disgrace hiring a 2 time La Liga, 1 time Champions League, 1 time FA Cup and 1 time Uefa Cup winner.

He has his faults of course but he's not the inept clown the media in this country try to make people believe.

This.

Despite what some of us may think, a club that has not won anything in 16 years is not a particularly attractive prospect for a lot of managers. We're not Man United or Chelsea, we can't expect to attract the very best managers, so someone like Rafa is a big signing for us.

I'd welcome him.

One name not even been mentioned except by me...............Southgate?

Yeah, it is strange he's not even been mentioned at all really. Premiership experience, out of work, former Villan.....I'd prefer him to McLaren, TBH....

Glad Rafa has been approached, he's a proven winner, not everyones cup of tea but I'd take him.

The Inter Milan fans had a whip round and put him on a one way flight to John Lennon. He destroyed the European Champions in 3 months FFS.

Yeah he's won trophies but who cares it's about managing AVFC. Overseas managers and the Villa don't mix. Houllier and the DR both fcked up two very good squads. I don't want a 3rd unless it's Jose Mourinho.. :winkold:

I quite like him. Did excellently at Valencia, and at Liverpool too. Inter Milan was a blot on his record, but hey, everyone makes mistakes. What he is good at is tactics and more importantly organising defences, which we could certainly do with...

I think there is a more measured calm about this thread now, perhaps school has restarted. I think it is wonderful to speculate and infer, but to criticise in the manner some do here is deplorable. I don't like Rafa, never liked his style and his facial hair put me off, but Harry the Twitcher puts me off but I wouldn't mind him and his corrupt cronies and Moyes look like the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz and seems short of humour. None of the seem to have the intellectual capacity to read War and Peace which I have, so they are all rubbish, oh but that is not the criteria is it and I don't make the decision and I don't have to put up the money to by the players. If you want to be in charge go and set up a Free School or something. I still think it will be Hughes. Measures of success from Managers previous reigns are interesting and in Four Four Two we would have one the league, if only English goalscorers counted, but that isn't the way it works, the measure of success we need is at Villa, and the trouble with Villa is we don't show the belief. I believe who ever is our manager we will back, we will support and we will hope, even if it is an awful choice.

Yeah he's won trophies but who cares it's about managing AVFC. Overseas managers and the Villa don't mix. Houllier and the DR both fcked up two very good squads. I don't want a 3rd unless it's Jose Mourinho.. :winkold:
Not this "I don't want any of them bloody foreigners because the two foreign managers we've had (out of dozens of managers in total) haven't worked out" stuff again.

I quite like him. Did excellently at Valencia, and at Liverpool too. Inter Milan was a blot on his record, but hey, everyone makes mistakes. What he is good at is tactics and more importantly organising defences, which we could certainly do with...

He also brought in a boatload of crap players on big wages....sounds familiar, right?