• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of the manager i'll be there every home and away game cause i love the club and follow the team. If he does become the manager what good is it going to be if theres uproar and booing at the games.. Its going to have such a negative affect on the team. Players will want to leave and its just going to get into a mess. The only thing we can do as fans is get behind the team. Dont get me wrong i dont want him as manager but what can we do if the board appoint him.

Well said macca. Not my idea of a good appointment but if be gets it we still need to support the team.

If they want to appoint someone with a track record similar to AM might I suggest they give Avram Grant as he is also available.

Is that the same Avram Grant who with decent players and a decent level of investment got to a Champions League Semi - Final? :?

1. I would have no particular problem with AM as manager.

2. The way it works is we give small heath what we don't want and take from them what we want, simple as that really.

3. The bigger picture is, imagine he does real well and gets us 6th or higher in a few years, the scum down at small heath would all hopefully drown themselves. It depends how one looks at it I suppose.

4. Will give us a bit of stability for a few years, we badly need a bit of good press for a start.

5. He would not come without the promise of money to spend.

6. The football played at small heath was not that attractive, on the other hand he won a trophy with a squad of inbreds. Magician considering where he was working.

7. If Ferguson backs him as a top manager and to be fair probably knows a bit more about it than me.

Totally agree, I was all for David moyes taking over but I am willing to get behind AM if indeed he is given the job.

He will make us better defensively.

He will make us hard to beat.

Villa park may become a bit of a fortress again, where away teams hate coming to.

He wanted to sign players at SHA that we all would have been happy with MON and GH signing, but the Chinese decided to hold back with money at the last second (N'zogbia, pavlyuchenko, keane)

It's a big difference setting up tactics for game when you have the likes of Lee bowyer, cameron jerome and seb larsson in your team as opposed to downing, bent and albrighton, so I'm sure his team playing style would be better

He will have been given promises of serious funds

Just trying to add a sprinkle of positive.

Great couple of posts. Restored a bit of what little faith i have left in the Villa support.

If they want to appoint someone with a track record similar to AM might I suggest they give Avram Grant as he is also available.

Is that the same Avram Grant who with decent players and a decent level of investment got to a Champions League Semi - Final? :?

There is no way on earth that Avram Grant is a decent manager, did you see West Ham against us last year, they were shocking in both games.

Regardless of the manager i'll be there every home and away game cause i love the club and follow the team. If he does become the manager what good is it going to be if theres uproar and booing at the games.. Its going to have such a negative affect on the team. Players will want to leave and its just going to get into a mess. The only thing we can do as fans is get behind the team. Dont get me wrong i dont want him as manager but what can we do if the board appoint him.

Well said macca. Not my idea of a good appointment but if be gets it we still need to support the team.

I think most fans utlimately will to an extent but right now I think it also important to express these opinions, no matter how over the top they are.

How many titles has Avram won? And what about in international football, how has he done there?

AM's record is not too bad.

If and its a big if the board go against the wishes of the majority of Villa fans I sincerely hope it turns out to be a success..............purely on the basis that I would hate to see the calibre of Randys Third Manager.

Houllier

McCleish

There is no way on earth that Avram Grant is a decent manager, did you see West Ham against us last year, they were shocking in both games.

Youre totally missing the point again.

Grant took a decent team to the CL semi final. Hes not saying hes a decent manager or a crap manager, just the fact that he took a team to the CL semi final.

Fellas, I've been reading this thread for a week and have a few observations:

- never believe Twitter

- Moyes is never going to leave Everton for Villa

- there's been so many people on here and other forums claiming to be ITK and stating that the club has created a smokescreen to get Moyes in, do you really think a man like Moyes would be second choice behind crap like Wigans manager?

Sorry, I don't think there are any first or second choices, so why would this be an issue for Moyes.

It seems to me that the board have come up with a shortlist of potential managers, and have quietly gone to their clubs (or direct if they're free agents) to request interviews. What with some managers being available for interview sooner than others, the news of rejections has filtered out in a particular order - but that doesn't mean that the earlier rejections were any higher up the list than those still to come.

Before Dave Whelan's intervention, I think most people understood this, but the club's PR people have failed to kill this story effectively. All that's needed is a fairly simple two-step approach:

#1. Put General Krulak in a box

#2. Press release that the club has not ranked any potential managers, and will not do so until they have been interviewed. Explain that interviews are being conducted in order of availability, not in order of preference.

I think that our choice of managers is limited now to Alex McLeish, Mark Hughes, and Owen Coyle - unless we can tempt Moyes with an enormous spending promise. With such a narrow field, it's probably not surprising that they've decided to interview McLeish. Although there is something quite radical about appointing a bluenose, it would actually be a pretty conservative appointment - with a decent budget, he'd definitely keep us comfortably in mid-table mediocrity, but would we progress at all? I'd rather take the risk on Coyle (who, if my thinking is correct, ought still to be in the running).

Did you see a) who's running West Ham? B) who plays for West Ham.

You can't polish a turd I'm afraid.

The best analogy I can present is Jensen Button in F1 - he spent 10 years in shit cars and couldn't win a raffle. Never made him a bad driver, just didn't have the tools to do the job. Give him the Brawn car in 2009, decent team, decent backing, decent car - World Champion.

Same man, different tools.

:thumb:

How many titles has Avram won? And what about in international football, how has he done there?

AM's record is not too bad.

Avram won the Isreali championship 4 times (2 with Maccabi Haifa and twice with Maccabi Tel Aviv.

He also won the state cup once and Toto Cup Al 4 times.

As an international coach Israel missed on qualification to the 2006 WC finals, despite remaining undefeated in the group with four wins and six draws.

or they play good possession based attacking footy from a really solid base :)

i think prandelli could do a good job for us to be honest too. italian footy isn't always catenaccio.

EDIT: dunno how this ended up in here it was for the mde in italy thread!!!!

Song for the day? You just have to change a couple of words in Say it ain't so Joe to sum up the general mood:

Say it ain't McLeish

Say it ain't McLeish please, say it ain't so

That's not what I wanna hear Randy

Ain't I got a right to know?

Say it ain't McLeish please, say it ain't so

I'm sure they telling us lies Randy,

Please tell us it ain't so.

They told us our hero has played his trump card

He doesn't know how to go on.

We're clinging to his charm and determined smile,

But the good old days have gone.

The image and the empire may be failing apart