• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

being realistic if alex McLeish is our manager then we will be looking at 10th - 14th place .

And this is based on what?

It's based on the fact he's a shit manager. He had superior resources than Wigan and Wolves and played worst defensive football, yet still got relegated.

Our squad still contains mostly MON's players. I doubt he'll use players like Albrighton, Clark etc. Apart from an odd couple of players, the rest arent' really quality to help him out.

You honestly think he'll do better than 10th. Think again. The league is getting stronger each season where lower teams are getting closer to higher teams.

If all these secret meetings in Corsica have been true, then it is quite obvious that regardless of what people think; he has already been interviewed for the job. All this talk of him being interviewed in London I find amusing....they are probably just meeting up to celebrate!!

If and its a big if the board go against the wishes of the majority of Villa fans I sincerely hope it turns out to be a success..............purely on the basis that I would hate to see the calibre of Randys Third Manager.

Houllier

McCleish

I didn't think of that! Lets hope it does work out because I can't imagine how low we would go for our next manager? Dowie? Phil Brown? I shudder at the thought.

3rd manager john barnes

Regardless of the manager i'll be there every home and away game cause i love the club and follow the team. If he does become the manager what good is it going to be if theres uproar and booing at the games.. Its going to have such a negative affect on the team. Players will want to leave and its just going to get into a mess. The only thing we can do as fans is get behind the team. Dont get me wrong i dont want him as manager but what can we do if the board appoint him.

Good man.

AVFC FOR LIFE

This

x2

x3 :lol:

I feel worse than after the Wolves game. At least then there was still plenty of time to survive and while the season had been pretty bad it was too far from the end so there was always next season after a full pre-season with new players to look forward to. Now I just feel despair that we're going to be stuck with a manager as shit as McLeish who plays such dire football. The worst thing about this is that the board seem so intent on getting him.

being realistic if alex McLeish is our manager then we will be looking at 10th - 14th place .

And this is based on what?

I see what your getting at and I agree, the OP was being a little optmistic.

We need to start off by not being unlucky number 3 on his relegation list, the best we can hope for is 17th.

B6bloke, think he made it up, however something will make me return my ST and that is if rumours are to be believed that he wants his own staff and wants rid of Cowans.

Some guy off twitter. Can't remember, obviously bollocks.

I can't wait until the US Open & the Cricket starts tomorrow, a welcome distraction. I won't be tuning in to cringe at the unveiling press conference. Laughable

If all these secret meetings in Corsica have been true, then it is quite obvious that regardless of what people think; he has already been interviewed for the job. All this talk of him being interviewed in London I find amusing....they are probably just meeting up to celebrate!!

I very much doubt whether Alex McLeish has ever been to Corsica in his life.

It's important to remember what we are angry about - I could care less that AM is ex-SHA, my concern is that he is not good enough

I have been a big supporter of RL in up to this point but if McLeish comes in then I would like Randy to come out and state his ambitions (or lack of) for the next five years

Pround History Bright Future was a five year plan which arguably has left us worse off at the end than we were are the start. Plans for a CL spot were scuppered by injections of money at Man City and now Liverpool and by Spurs unexpected resurgence. IF RANDY HAS DECIDED THAT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH AT LEAST HAVE THE DECENCY TO COME OUT AND SAY SO

If we couldn't get Moyes I'd have preferred taking a gamble on someone like Poyet - I really think he couldn't be a worse appointment than McLEish and could be massively better

Sad times, with such lack of ambition no wonder all the kids support MU or Chelsea or Barcelona FFS

Proud History No Future

I heard that he doesn't even own a passport. :?

I find it astonishing that some of you are attempting a positive spin on McLeish, the self-delusions are inexplicable at this point in time. Can you honestly say that this is the best we can do in terms of a managerial appointment and keep a straight face? Irrespective of any connections with SHA this is an absolutely woeful decision should it come to pass. I find it even more unfathomable that some of you are changing your minds about our managerial appointment and direction as a football club because of some graffiti???

I'm sure this is when some kid interjects and decides to lecture me on the real meaning of support and so forth. I'm afraid I will give my honest feedback until the point that I see McLeish sit down at our press conference, at which point I will be forced to delude myself as you have, and get behind him.

Until that day, this potential appointment deserves the feedback it's getting, utter contempt.

yeh think it goes something like this :-

first stage = confusion

second stage = denial

third stage = anger

fourth stage = despair

fifth stage = apathy

final stage = acceptance / "ooh hes a really quite a good manager when you think about it "

so if Mcleish gets the job, will he bring in his own backroom staff, or will GMac and Gordon still be involved? surely Sid will still be at the club whatever.

Roy Aitken is AM's assistant and Spink was GK coach so at least they have prior links to the club. Sid would be given a coaching role you would imagine.

Regardless of the manager i'll be there every home and away game cause i love the club and follow the team. If he does become the manager what good is it going to be if theres uproar and booing at the games.. Its going to have such a negative affect on the team. Players will want to leave and its just going to get into a mess. The only thing we can do as fans is get behind the team. Dont get me wrong i dont want him as manager but what can we do if the board appoint him.

Good man.

AVFC FOR LIFE

This

x2

x3 :lol:

x3 UTV

He was in Corsica on holidays. It was all over the papers, before Randy went to Corsica.

On my way to Villa Park for the McLeish Press Conference. Due to start at 4pm. #AVFC #bcfc

All will be revealed. So excited. NOT

Whos tweet is that? Dont they do these at BH?

Whoever it is, they're setting off early aren't they? :)

Might be winding u up?

Still think all this makes no sense.

I think a few media outlets might need to tread very carefully about accusing Randy Lerner of tapping anyone up could be legal action taken methinks