• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you surely know Villa is an ancient Latin and now Italian word, this is the first reason why many Italian kids fall in love for the Villa, because it is the only team whose name they understand!

How many Italian fans do we have? Like 12?

people my age and a bit older over here know us, and we get respect for the european champions cup win. younger people who know their footy knwo we've been there or there abouts top 6 for a while and we get respect for giving good games/turning over the top sides every now and again.

i've seen quite a few people with villa trackies in and around rome, most popular by far are arsenal, man u and chelsea though.

rossi is a good shout, i'd add spalletti to that list though, he's working in russia but he had roma playing some fantastic football a few years back. woudl love to see ranieri too.

of the less experienced, zola deserves another crack at it with a better squad...

Agreed with both of the above, can see this 'protest' tonight being embarrassing, whilst i'm sure there'll be a majority with the right intentions you just know that the retard minority will also be in attendance.

There's no way they'd get much of a turnout which will just strengthen the hand of those making the calls. Loads of stupid anti-bluenose chanting and banners that will make us all a laughing stock.

PS: And the same protesters will be conspicuous by their silence if AM is appointed and proves a success !!!

I tell you what though; they could literally appoint ANYONE else now and the new man would get the full support of our entire fan base, Gary Mcallister, Kevin McDonald, Gus Poyet, Simon Grayson included.

A flirtation with McLeish before appointing someone else could be the smartest thing the board has done yet. :detect:

I agree, though unfortunately I don't have enough faith in the board anymore to believe it to be a possibility.

The swiftness and effectiveness of Fulhum, a smaller club than ours, in appointing a manager like Jol dismisses any tired excuses the board may come out with regarding the availability of managers and the lengthy process required to get them in.

Fulham had the benefit of having met, interviewed, discussed terms and offered the job to Jol last summer. So the swiftness and effectiveness you speak of is a little bit disingenuous.

In fact, you could say that Fulham got their man 12 months later than they wanted because of their incompetence at agreeing a deal with Ajax for his release.

Imagine the uproar on here if a similar situation arose with AVFC and, for example, David Moyes.

I too find the graffiti atrocious.

However, that is what happens when you make absolutely headshaking decisions at top level.

Every fanbase have morons, and they show their capability in desperate hours...

There needs to be a meeting between Villa and representatives of the fans who can put across in a sensible way our objections to McLeish. These banners and the graffiti are doing no good whatsoever. We risk a situation where the fans and the board will be at war and against each other like at some other clubs. I've always been proud of the fact that it's never been like that at Villa under Lerner, quite the opposite in fact.

What if he brought in 4 or 5 cracking signings and we smashed our first game 4-0. Would people be happy or moaning because it wasn't Mark Hughes standing in the dugout?

Surely it's not too much to ask to give the man a chance if he does get appointed.....

What if Jesus Christ made a third coming, popped on in 80th minute and scored the winner eh ?

Reality is that he plays dire football, will draw more than he wins and lose more than he draws. There will still be bad feeling come the start of the season as RL is dumb to think fans just forget shit like that. There will be banners and placards and the first game we go a goal behind the (vocal) fans will be straight on his back.

Unless Villa win every game (oops back to Jesus scoring winners) the appointment of a bluenose is only ever going to go one way and that is to the detriment of the club as a whole as fans argue with fans on the terraces, those that actually turn up and don't decide to simply stay at home. Shit atmosphere leading to shit performances, less money as the turnover will drop by at least a third I should think. He will be sacked by Christmas as later rather than sooner they realize their mistake and we start this bloody circus all over again.

If I didn't know better I would swear RL is a secret noses fan.

Edit: Don't believe it will have fans fighting fans - just read any Villa board today, it's already happening.

The swiftness and effectiveness of Fulhum, a smaller club than ours, in appointing a manager like Jol dismisses any tired excuses the board may come out with regarding the availability of managers and the lengthy process required to get them in.

Fulham had the benefit of having met, interviewed, discussed terms and offered the job to Jol last summer. So the swiftness and effectiveness you speak of is a little bit disingenuous.

In fact, you could say that Fulham got their man 12 months later than they wanted because of their incompetence at agreeing a deal with Ajax for his release.

Imagine the uproar on here if a similar situation arose with AVFC and, for example, David Moyes.

Uproar if David Moyes, who may have been first choice last summer, is appointed this summer, a year later? No, won't be an uproar.

Now imagine if Fulham had signed AM ( I know we haven't yet ) there would have been a lot of funny remarks about them from a lot of our fans.

lol yup,

Frank Rijkaard, the man who won a champions league, 2 la liga titles and started the domination period of Barcelona from 2004 onwards. The man who lost on penalties to Italy in the semi final of Euro 2000 in his first managerial position. Is not as good as Alex McCleish who won 2 titles in 5 years in Scotland - keeping in mind he was playing against MON's Celtic, the manager we let walk away last year.

Its getting boring now.

I must cconfess I dont know about most of the managers you mentioned. Zola would be a big no, very nice guy, great player, but nice guys and great players don't always make good managers. Ancelotti is a big name, but I don't think he would have been the right man for the Villa job.

I don't mind what nationality our manager has, but Italian managers do tend to play a style which prioritises defence over attack, it's the 'italian' way. If we get a manager that plays good attacking football and players with good technical ability then I'm sure we will get many more fans in Italy, and we would be very proud of that.

I agree

But shame on the board as well for forcing the fans to extreme's such as this

Nobody with an ounce of sense wants the ex-shite manager at villa

Its not just because he's a nose the idea of the McLeish brand of football being played at VP week in week out makes me shudder

Darren Bent is going to love this bloke as prolific and deadly as he is McLeish will soon have him firing blanks on a regular basis.

Well I have a lot of ounces of sense more than you have and I can assure you I don't support your views and will support whoever is appointed and the players that wear the shirt.

Its daft buggers like you that make me want AM appointed just so he can prove you wrong and demonstrate that whether a person was or wasn't ONCE a "nose" is totally irrelevant if he does the business here !

I too find the graffiti atrocious.

However, that is what happens when you make absolutely headshaking decisions at top level.

Every fanbase have morons, and they show their capability in desperate hours...

You cannot justify this. It is impossible!

Whilst I've little doubt some of our moronic "fans" sprayed graffiti at BM, is it not possible that it came from elsewhere to make us look worse than we already do?