• Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Lerner has crossed the line, bit like MON did with Moscow

He wont recover from this.

Today is going to be one of the darkest days in the clubs history.

**** me will you stop over-reating!!!

We are appointing a manager...not selling up to the Taliban!!!

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if the club do decide that its best NOT to appoint McLeish...Does it not worry you who else in on this shortlist?

Are we looking at lower level managers with Premierleague Experiance, Southgate and Curbishley maybe?

Can somebody find this guy advising the board that the manager needs to be Pre Experianced and shoot him.

The search needs to be broadened to a wider area than just Premiership managers surely?

No idea. I don't think he'd be offered the job at all because it makes no sense whatsoever. Even if he is, I don't think he'd accept it because that'd be managerial suicide.

Maybe they're just waiting for an answer from some of their original targets and are continuing the interviews in case it falls apart.

Anyone take Shearer over McLeish? Shearer and Houghton as a two...

And why the **** would they do any better??

Who took Newcastle down the other year??? oh yeah...

Lol I know. I'm taking the piss. Everything is just a joke now. Fed up!

Fair enough :)

Here is a novel idea,

IF you don't want McLeish (who hasn't even been appointed yet IIRC) use the money you would have spent supporting Villa over the season and make a donation to Acorns. If you really feel that unhappy, do some good with it. Please post proof on here as a recognition of your feelings. If even 5k angry Villa fans donate the price of a season ticket a fantastic good can be made of all this - £2m to a wonderful charity if my maths holds up.

The simple fact of the matter is that not one person will do this, because IF AM gets the job and IF AM wins say 4 or 5 out of his first 6, every single "fan" on here moaning and comlaining and generally acting like massive clearings in the woods, will be back, acting like they never complained at all.

We ALL want Villa to succed - lets at least given them the opportunity to try eh?

Double 'e' in succeed!

*runs and hides behind nearest rock*

:lol: :winkold:

Best post of the thread

:D

He worked with what he had at Blues which was shit, to get the best out of them he had to play shit football.

Sorry I disagree, he had money to spend, managers have philosophies, they don't regularly change. Look at Martinez, he's hardly got world beaters, arguably no better than Blues but he tried to get them playing football, successfully? debatable, he kept them up but that's it. However he sticks to his principles and plays his game.

I struggle to think of many managers who change their styles. Whatever clubs, it's usually all the same, working what they know best. There is no way someone like McLeish would ever get us playing good football, just not going to happen. It'll be disciplined, organised, hard working, defensive, direct counter attack and about nicking games.

As you know, I'm quite positive and I love what Randy has done for the club but 'he played shit football because he didn't have players/money' never washes for me because it's simply rarely ever true and if it were true, then you're appointing the wrong man, because if you want to play good football, then you appoint a manager who has regularly tried to play that way for a set amount of years and who knows how to be successful doing that, not give it to someone who has never tried or been successful playing good, exciting football.

We might do okay under McLeish because we have a decent team and with Bent in the team, he'll score loads and we will most likely be more organised, keep clean sheets and nick games, so we could finish about 8th-10th at highest but the sad thing is, that will be the highest we'll go and what's worse is the fact it'll be mid-table football, in a very dull way.

No different than appointing Pulis or Allardyce for me, who I both hate with a passion.

Spot on, a leapored never changes its spots or whatever the phrase / animal in question is.

His later performances at BCFC pretty much panned out as you'd expect from him given what he was trying to do there. His football will never work in the prem, this style may even work for a short while but once he gets his own way we'll get found out and left standing whilst everyone else progresses.

You can see everything in what he's about in the people he tried to sign, never mind the people he did sign. Guarenteed downhill from here, he is the ultimate opposite to Houllier btw so yet again our team will be adapting to a whole new system.

I hate to have to defend McLeish but the guy is a pretty decent manager. Yes he hasn't won a whole lot in comparison to some of the managers we wanted but he managed to take an injury ridden Birmingham City to cup glory. Yes they also got relegated, but they were missing players like Dann who was clearly missed in their defence. I will accept that McLeish plays a defensive game, but that was also one thing that made Birmingham City so hard to beat at home.. If we can make Villa Park a fortress again and he can help us achieve that then I am willing to accept him.

As you surely know Villa is an ancient Latin and now Italian word, this is the first reason why many Italian kids fall in love for the Villa, because it is the only team whose name they understand!

How many Italian fans do we have? Like 12?

I'm sick of this board and football, I'll stop watching it this season. I'm too disgusted at it all. Worst thing to happen to villa in my life as a supporter. So disenchanted

Shut the door on your way out.

You won't be missed.

So if the club do decide that its best NOT to appoint McLeish...Does it not worry you who else in on this shortlist?

Are we looking at lower level managers with Premierleague Experiance, Southgate and Curbishley maybe?

Can somebody find this guy advising the board that the manager needs to be Pre Experianced and shoot him.

The search needs to be broadened to a wider area than just Premiership managers surely?

No idea. I don't think he'd be offered the job at all because it makes no sense whatsoever. Even if he is, I don't think he'd accept it because that'd be managerial suicide.

Maybe they're just waiting for an answer from some of their original targets and are continuing the interviews in case it falls apart.

The statement on the OS yesterday said "Premiership Experianced"...This basically dosnt give us many options if managers like Ancelotti, Moyes, Benitez have all turned us down.. Its easy to see why we are interviewing McLeish..

The board need to change the search criteria to give us more options on the table.

How important is it to have Premiership Experianced do you think? Do you as a fan agree that it should play as an important part of our manager search?

It has been asked on here before, but McCleish only quit last week. What the **** have we been doing before this? Why have we thrown "the shortlist" in the bin and jumped for McMuppet at the first chance?

Something STINKS about this sorry fiasco.

On the plus side of things, I'll save 820 quid if McLeish gets the appointment, as I won't be purchasing two season tickets.

I'm saving half that, plus one over 65 and one under 21

Should pay for a nice holiday to cleanse my soul of this horrifc summer