• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

If they want to appoint someone with a track record similar to AM might I suggest they give Avram Grant as he is also available.

Is that the same Avram Grant who with decent players and a decent level of investment got to a Champions League Semi - Final? :?

There is no way on earth that Avram Grant is a decent manager, did you see West Ham against us last year, they were shocking in both games.

Did you see a) who's running West Ham? B) who plays for West Ham.

You can't polish a turd I'm afraid.

The best analogy I can present is Jensen Button in F1 - he spent 10 years in shit cars and couldn't win a raffle. Never made him a bad driver, just didn't have the tools to do the job. Give him the Brawn car in 2009, decent team, decent backing, decent car - World Champion.

Same man, different tools.

:thumb:

Couldnt have put that better myself.

I find it absurd that people are expecting Ancelotti to come in and get us straight into the CL, the same way as people expecting McLeish to come in and get us relegated.

Football just doesnt work like that!!

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If and its a big if the board go against the wishes of the majority of Villa fans I sincerely hope it turns out to be a success..............purely on the basis that I would hate to see the calibre of Randys Third Manager.

Houllier

McCleish

I didn't think of that! Lets hope it does work out because I can't imagine how low we would go for our next manager? Dowie? Phil Brown? I shudder at the thought.

Song for the day? You just have to change a couple of words in Say it ain't so Joe to sum up the general mood:

Say it ain't McLeish

Say it ain't McLeish please, say it ain't so

That's not what I wanna hear Randy

Ain't I got a right to know?

I'm sure they telling us lies Randy,

Please tell us it ain't so.

They told us our hero has played his trump card

He doesn't know how to go on.

We're clinging to his charm and determined smile,

But the good old days have gone.

The image and the empire may be failing apart

The money has gotten scarce

One man's word held the club together,

But the truth is getting fierce

We pinned our hope on you Randy

And they're ruining our show

(Ooo Babies)

Don't you think we're gonna get burned?

(Ooo Babies)

Don't you think we're gonna get turned?

We're gonna get burned

We're gonna get learned

We're going to get turned

We're going to get burned

We're going to get burned

Ooo learn

Turn

Burned

Ooo burned

Yea.....

That's not what I wanna hear Randy

Ain't I got a right to know?

They told us our hero has played his trump card

He doesn't know how to go on.

We're clinging to his charm and determined smile,

But the good old days have gone.

Catchy!

If they want to appoint someone with a track record similar to AM might I suggest they give Avram Grant as he is also available.

Is that the same Avram Grant who with decent players and a decent level of investment got to a Champions League Semi - Final? :?

There is no way on earth that Avram Grant is a decent manager, did you see West Ham against us last year, they were shocking in both games.

Did you see a) who's running West Ham? B) who plays for West Ham.

You can't polish a turd I'm afraid.

The best analogy I can present is Jensen Button in F1 - he spent 10 years in shit cars and couldn't win a raffle. Never made him a bad driver, just didn't have the tools to do the job. Give him the Brawn car in 2009, decent team, decent backing, decent car - World Champion.

Same man, different tools.

:thumb:

I'd have had the West Ham squad over Wolves, West Brom, Wigan, Blackpool, Birmingham who all stayed up and on par with Stoke, Newcastle, Blackburn etc..

they finished bottom by 6 points....they weren't that bad.

He won more cup games than league games. Terrible. Only reason they won that many is because of Scott Parker. He's about as inspirational as aids.

Regardless of the manager i'll be there every home and away game cause i love the club and follow the team. If he does become the manager what good is it going to be if theres uproar and booing at the games.. Its going to have such a negative affect on the team. Players will want to leave and its just going to get into a mess. The only thing we can do as fans is get behind the team. Dont get me wrong i dont want him as manager but what can we do if the board appoint him.

Good man.

AVFC FOR LIFE

This

I liteally feel sick about all of this. The whole Mcleish saga, the protests, the grafitt at bodymoor heath. I just hope Randy interviews Mcleish and dismisses him because of his managerial attributes, rather than because of these chavy fans ruining the reputation of our club.

I find it astonishing that some of you are attempting a positive spin on McLeish, the self-delusions are inexplicable at this point in time. Can you honestly say that this is the best we can do in terms of a managerial appointment and keep a straight face? Irrespective of any connections with SHA this is an absolutely woeful decision should it come to pass. I find it even more unfathomable that some of you are changing your minds about our managerial appointment and direction as a football club because of some graffiti???

I'm sure this is when some kid interjects and decides to lecture me on the real meaning of support and so forth. I'm afraid I will give my honest feedback until the point that I see McLeish sit down at our press conference, at which point I will be forced to delude myself as you have, and get behind him.

Until that day, this potential appointment deserves the feedback it's getting, utter contempt.

IF the reports are true (he's on his way for or already in talks and will be appointed later today) then that must mean he's the only candidate in the running. Pretty shocking state of affairs and one I hope isn't true.

IF he is appointed I won't stop supporting the club but my expectations will have been significantly lowered.

being realistic if alex McLeish is our manager then we will be looking at 10th - 14th place however im willing to let that slip as long as there is an improvement i say give him 3 years tops and if we improve then give him another chance if not re asses the situation and get rid of him as long as we dont get relegated AM is not the end of the world its not like we have been winning trophies recently.

Regardless of the manager i'll be there every home and away game cause i love the club and follow the team. If he does become the manager what good is it going to be if theres uproar and booing at the games.. Its going to have such a negative affect on the team. Players will want to leave and its just going to get into a mess. The only thing we can do as fans is get behind the team. Dont get me wrong i dont want him as manager but what can we do if the board appoint him.

Good man.

AVFC FOR LIFE

This

x2

On my way to Villa Park for the McLeish Press Conference. Due to start at 4pm. #AVFC #bcfc

All will be revealed. So excited. NOT

Whos tweet is that? Dont they do these at BH?

Why has no one mentioned the fact that he wont be able to manage us until the New Year ?

That's how long he'll need to be quarantined for after being at the Sty for that long, plus he'll need a pretty strong course of vaccinations as well.

On my way to Villa Park for the McLeish Press Conference. Due to start at 4pm. #AVFC #bcfc

All will be revealed. So excited. NOT

Whos tweet is that? Dont they do these at BH?

Whoever it is, they're setting off early aren't they? :)