• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Just want to add ANOTHER similar response that Mcleish is a bad judgment if chosen.

So many reasons, but alienating fans before the start of the season is a huge one! I don't think they fully appreciate the knock-on effect that this will have.

Imagine: the first game of the season - which should, and usually would be, 'buzzin'' with anticipation and excitment! But instead, you've got 10,000 less than capacity, the fans that are there look over to the dugout and see the guy who was wearing our fiercest rival's colours just a few months ago (and took them down), now in charge of the Villa. There is a muted atmosphere and the team don't get the support they deserve and we lose our first home game.

Many fans will await the smallest slip up to get on Mcleish's back and this will effect subsequent performances and we will then have another mediocre season at best.

This, for me, is a likelihood if Mcleish is appointed.

After one of our worst seasons in a while the fans need something to excite them, to make them think 'ah, ok now we can move on up in the right direction and put that last season behind us!'. Mcleish has the opposite effect as it is already apparent with planned protests and the sentiments on this message board. That is no way to start a season and can only act adversely.

We need a manager that can, at least, unify the fans, players and board so we can all sing loudly and proudly from the same hymn-sheet, ready for the new season!

So if the club do decide that its best NOT to appoint McLeish...Does it not worry you who else in on this shortlist?

Are we looking at lower level managers with Premierleague Experiance, Southgate and Curbishley maybe?

Can somebody find this guy advising the board that the manager needs to be Pre Experianced and shoot him.

The search needs to be broadened to a wider area than just Premiership managers surely?

No idea. I don't think he'd be offered the job at all because it makes no sense whatsoever. Even if he is, I don't think he'd accept it because that'd be managerial suicide.

Maybe they're just waiting for an answer from some of their original targets and are continuing the interviews in case it falls apart.

The statement on the OS yesterday said "Premiership Experianced"...This basically dosnt give us many options if managers like Ancelotti, Moyes, Benitez have all turned us down.. Its easy to see why we are interviewing McLeish..

The board need to change the search criteria to give us more options on the table.

How important is it to have Premiership Experianced do you think? Do you as a fan agree that it should play as an important part of our manager search?

Maybe the 'Premier League Experience' is a smoke screen lol we can only hope... One big smoke screen. GK and his diversion tactics and all that!

Its going to be McLeish! I just hope with the backing he can actually play two strikers up front.

I hate to have to defend McLeish but the guy is a pretty decent manager. Yes he hasn't won a whole lot in comparison to some of the managers we wanted but he managed to take an injury ridden Birmingham City to cup glory. Yes they also got relegated, but they were missing players like Dann who was clearly missed in their defence. I will accept that McLeish plays a defensive game, but that was also one thing that made Birmingham City so hard to beat at home.. If we can make Villa Park a fortress again and he can help us achieve that then I am willing to accept him.

A fortress? Birmingham City scored the least amount of goals at home this season. A measly 19 goals! They won 6 games out of the 19, which is also pretty grim. So is this what we aspire to do? Last season we took more points than them at home, we scored more goals and we let in fewer as well. They lost 5 games at home, which may sound like very few, but all in all it's roughly the same as Bolton, Stoke, Wigan, Newcastle and West Bromwich. See a pattern? Their ultradefensive approach may force them to a decent protocol in terms of goals, but they don't win either and it wrecks the whole point. Remember also that we were abysmal last season, still managed to beat their ass comfortably.

The statement on the OS yesterday said "Premiership Experianced"...This basically dosnt give us many options if managers like Ancelotti, Moyes, Benitez have all turned us down.. Its easy to see why we are interviewing McLeish..

The board need to change the search criteria to give us more options on the table.

How important is it to have Premiership Experianced do you think? Do you as a fan agree that it should play as an important part of our manager search?

I don't agree with the premiership experience thing,at least not as something that should be required first and foremost. Bu then I'm ( apparently ) one of the few who don't think the best managers of the world are piling up in front of Lerner's office asking to manage Villa for free because we've won the Champions Cup almost 30 years ago.

If I had to put money on it, I'd go for Simon Grayson. He'd be a very Dougesque appointment, but at least most fans would give him a fair chance, which can't and won't happen with AM.

The fact that Randy considers his friendship with AlFayad more imprint than the concerns of fans and the sporting future of aston villa is disgusting

Stop talking rubbish.

There is enough going round without you just making stuff up again.

However, hard it is we have to support Aston Villa.

The club not any particular men ginger or not!

The fact that Randy considers his friendship with AlFayad more imprint than the concerns of fans and the sporting future of aston villa is disgusting

IF the rumours about Hughes being discredited due to Lerner's relationship with Al Fayed are true, then I completely agree.

FFS Lerner, Hughes, Rafa & Rijkard would all take the job if they were offered the right terms, all out of work, and all gettable.

Yet you've gone and picked the scab from the mangled foot of our nearest rivals.

On the plus side of things, I'll save 820 quid if McLeish gets the appointment, as I won't be purchasing two season tickets.

I'm saving half that, plus one over 65 and one under 21

Should pay for a nice holiday to cleanse my soul of this horrifc summer

The money will come in handy for a lot of things in our house, but I'm thinking a nice holiday too..

I Just want to add ANOTHER similar response that Mcleish is a bad judgment if chosen.

So many reasons, but alienating fans before the start of the season is a huge one! I don't think they fully appreciate the knock-on effect that this will have.

Imagine: the first game of the season - which should, and usually would be, 'buzzin'' with anticipation and excitment! But instead, you've got 10,000 less than capacity, the fans that are there look over to the dugout and see the guy who was wearing our fiercest rival's colours just a few months ago (and took them down), now in charge of the Villa. There is a muted atmosphere and the team don't get the support they deserve and we lose our first home game.

Many fans will await the smallest slip up to get on Mcleish's back and this will effect subsequent performances and we will then have another mediocre season at best.

After one of our worst seasons in a while the fans need something to excite them, to make them think 'ah, ok now we can move on up in the right direction and put that last season behind us!'. Mcleish has the opposite effect as it is already apparent with planned protests and the sentiments on this message board. That is no way to start a season and can only act adversely.

We need a manager that can, at least, unify the fans, players and board so we can all sing loudly and proudly from the same hymn-sheet, ready for the new season!

What if he brought in 4 or 5 cracking signings and we smashed our first game 4-0. Would people be happy or moaning because it wasn't Mark Hughes standing in the dugout?

Surely it's not too much to ask to give the man a chance if he does get appointed.....

we have been tapping him up for weeks

its blatently obvious

Any evidence to support this? Apart from that berk Pannu's emails and press statements?

He's just got the hump because they found a mystery £17m gap in their accounts they need to explain.

The accusation we've tapped him up seems in total contrast to the way Dave Whelan spoke about us don't you think....?

WHICH **** MORONS DID ANTI MCLEASH GRAFFITI UP BODYMOOR HEATH!!

SHAME ON YOU! SHAME ON YOU!!!

TODAY YOU BROUGHT MORE SHAME ON OUR CLUB AND ALL OF US FANS!!

I WILL GET BEHIND AM NOW JUST FOR THE SAKE OF NOT BEING ASSOCIATED WITH SCUM!!!

THAT PLACE IS OURS! ITS WHERE OUR PLAYERS GO!! ITS WHAT OUR PLAYERS FIRST SEE! IT MAKES THEM THINK "WHY THE HELL DO WE WANT TO BE HERE!" YOU CAN SHOVE YOUR PROTEST! I DONT WANT AM BUT THIS IS SHAMEFUL!!!!!!!!!!

The fact that Randy considers his friendship with AlFayad more important than the concerns of fans and the sporting future of aston villa is disgusting

I thought you were leaving? :winkold:

So according to the boards criteria AM is more suitable than Rijkard ?

Yes and Van Gaal..

Because McLeish has Experiance of the English game and Premierleague..Maybe its seen as less of a gamble appoinment. I was just wondering how many fans would share this view of the club. And lets say if the club did abolish this Prem Experiance stance and appointed a manager like Van Gaal would you as Fans still get behind him whilst he settles into the new surroundings? Do fans have patience to allow a manager to settle in? I mean look how impatient we was in waiting for Houllier to instil his methods.

What if he brought in 4 or 5 cracking signings and we smashed our first game 4-0. Would people be happy or moaning because it wasn't Mark Hughes standing in the dugout?

Surely it's not too much to ask to give the man a chance if he does get appointed.....

I know whats gonna happen,,im gonna get my season ticket money back,,and he will sign Foster,Nzgobia,Sturridge and walker or make an audacious bid for Falcao

WHICH **** MORONS DID ANTI MCLEASH GRAFFITI UP BODYMOOR HEATH!!

SHAME ON YOU! SHAME ON YOU!!!

TODAY YOU BROUGHT MORE SHAME ON OUR CLUB AND ALL OF US FANS!!

I WILL GET BEHIND AM NOW JUST FOR THE SAKE OF NOT BEING ASSOCIATED WITH SCUM!!!

THAT PLACE IS OURS! ITS WHERE OUR PLAYERS GO!! ITS WHAT OUR PLAYERS FIRST SEE! IT MAKES THEM THINK "WHY THE HELL DO WE WANT TO BE HERE!" YOU CAN SHOVE YOUR PROTEST! I DONT WANT AM BUT THIS IS SHAMEFUL!!!!!!!!!!

Agree.