• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Ignoring all the hysteria and day dreaming, wouldnt it be great IF McLeish did take over, he guided us to a champions league placing in the league.
Yeah, that'd be great, wouldn't it?

It would be really nice if Megan Fox rang me up asking if she could practice her blowjob technique on me, too.

I'll have one of what you're drinking.

I'll PM you her number, she's usually good for a Thursday night.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming that McLeish wasn't tapped up, and that his sudden availability has come as much of a surprise to the Villa board as they will no doubt protest it has, is it reasonable to think that the man himself may yet decide that this isn't the best move for him?

Setting aside my opinion of him as a manager, he has always struck me as a fairly pragmatic, intelligent guy. Take his public comments in the build-up to and aftermath of any derby match between ourselves and the Blues over the last few years; he never seemed to buy into any of the fire-stoking tactics that Steve Bruce did and was often quite complimentary - and realistic - about how Blues ranked in direct comparison with us. Clearly, he possesses a certain degree of awareness and so it's not as if he won't be privy to the mounting intensity among Villa supporters so dramatically opposed to his appointment. Yes, he will rightly see Villa as a bigger club and one that offers the kind of career challenge he would no doubt want from his next appointment - but surely he will weigh the personal cost of instantly becoming such a figure of controversy that the hysteria from both sides of the city will make it very difficult, if not impossible, for him to work effectively. Despite the two relegations with Blues, it appears his reputation and standing in the game is respectable and he will almost certainly receive other attractive offers in due course. If things go badly at Villa his reputation could be irreparably damaged.

It wouldn't surprise me if he even pulled out before an interview takes place having taken stock of things - and if he does he will probably have exercised more common sense than our board is clearly willing to at present.

Or maybe I'm just clutching at straws and desperately trying to still apply some degree of logic to a situation that has become inherently illogical.

Ignoring all the hysteria and day dreaming, wouldnt it be great IF McLeish did take over, he guided us to a champions league placing in the league.

It would be really nice if Megan Fox rang me up asking if she could practice her blowjob technique on me, too.

That's good, it won't clash with Villa's midweek Champions League fixtures.

That's good, it won't clash with Villa's midweek Champions League fixtures.

:lol::lol:

I have no idea what kind of football was played by McLeish at Bloose!I am sure the majority of Villa fans are in the same boot too.Why?

Because i paid little or no attention to their style of play just the result(which always cheered me up when they lost).I support Villa and if Mcleish is boss and he play a negative style of football i will judge this on his results......

Not on anything else.

Football is a game of tactics where if you choose right you are sucessful.Football snobs at many clubs say they would rather lose 4-3 than win one nil. Not sure about this!

Not sure about McLeish either because i know too little about him to judge him.I will reserve judgement until he has had a pre-season with our squad and his new signings.

If we are sh@t then i will say say so then not now when he hasn't even been appointed.What ever happened to people's patience how many of you are football profesionals?

You wouldn't hire a plumber and then tell him how to fit you're bath.But if he dis a sh@t job you would sure tell him afterwards!

Eames i suggest you get your facts straight before having a go at others we were 11th 6th 6th 6th 9th. dont become a lawyer as they deal in fact!!

Now i was shit at school...but 9th has got to be better than 11th???

Now that some nob has graffiti'd I think any real sensible argument that we had against AM can be thrown out the window.

We will all be tarnished with the same brush now thanks to one person.

I doubt it would have made a difference. Randy is a right piece of work when it comes to appointments. The Browns fans despise him for it. I remember reading one piece where a coach got sacked, no else would touch him with a barge pole, the press ask Randy if he's interested in him (which he didn't know about) and he hires him about 2 days later.

His decisions are awful.

A massive backward step! I seriously think this man (if he takes over) will fail big time. Bring out the quote in a few years if he proves me wrong, as I am hoping he will prove me wrong but I seriously doubt it.

How much did he spend on Zigic? He's been trying to sign Robbie Keane, **** hell I had enough of O'Neill trying to sign that tosser.

I will still support the team albeit for the time being not financially, I will struggle to find any inspiration to fork out the dough to support a team that doesn't seem to have any ambition whatsoever.

I have a feeling Randy weants some of the money the great MON pissed up the wall back. Can't say I blame him either.

This really saddens me.

Can you imagine how stupid the fans, myself included, will look if we don't give the job to AM? Graffiti (not me), protesting (again, not me) and moaning on the boards (ok a bit of this is me) and he was only ever a candidate. Particularly as some (not me) have already asked for Lerner OUT and given votes of no confidence based on a potential decision.

Here's hoping AM doesn't meet the criteria.

Might record talkSPORT tonight from 4pm just to hear Durham tear our club and fans to shreds with his horseshit.

Can you imagine how stupid the fans, myself included, will look if we don't give the job to AM? Graffiti (not me), protesting (again, not me) and moaning on the boards (ok a bit of this is me) and he was only ever a candidate. Particularly as some (not me) have already asked for Lerner OUT and given votes of no confidence based on a potential decision.

Might record talkSPORT tonight from 4pm just to hear Durham tear our club and fans to shreds with his horseshit.

I won't feel stupid at all even considering the bloke for an interview is bad enough

But i do agree that the Lerner out stuff is rediculous along with the graffiti but fans are passionate and feelings are running high at the moment.

I think its pretty stupid we are even interviewing McLeish

wheres this 200 plus million investment showing? you think our club is worth 270 million now? haha i doubt it! weather hes backed us or not is irrelevent when the millions are WASTED! maybe good managers would come to us if we hadnt wasted all that money these last 5 years... we have won NOTHING!

Can you imagine how stupid the fans, myself included, will look if we don't give the job to AM?

In this case though, the club has done nothing but fuel the fire. Between the General's comments and the official statement released last night, tensions have been well and truly exacerbated rather than quelled. They couldn't have done a great deal more to convey the impression that they really don't care what the supporters are saying on this issue and any acknowledgement to the contrary has been passing at best.

The entire process has been badly managed from start to finish and regardless of who is ultimately appointed, neither the media or the fans are going to easily forget the farcical situation this has descended into.

wheres this 200 plus million investment showing? you think our club is worth 270 million now? haha i doubt it! weather hes backed us or not is irrelevent when the millions are WASTED! maybe good managers would come to us if we hadnt wasted all that money these last 5 years... we have won NOTHING!

Did you not watch the peace cup :lol:

I won't feel stupid at all even considering the bloke for an interview is bad enough

But i do agree that the Lerner out stuff is rediculous along with the graffiti but fans are passionate and feelings are running high at the moment.

Passionate??

Emotions running high??

Idiots - Full Stop!!

Well maybe they will feel there voices were heard.