• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ darrenm - McLeish had more backing in money signing players than Mick McCarthy had and quite few others.

McLeish has overplayed the having no cash thing to quite a degree - who bought Zigic for fair bit then hardly ever played him and persisted with just Jerome upfront on his own?

Who bought in Bentley onloan then never played him because it didnt suit his negative tactics?

His resources at Blues whilst poor but not as poor as some make out.

Oh I'm going to enjoy this one:

"Pround History Bright Future was a five year plan which arguably has left us worse off at the end than we were are the start."

Go on then. Argue it. How are we worse off than 5 years ago. Enlighten me.

Five years ago I had enormous optimism and a real faith in what we could achieve - I don't have any real hope for the next five years

Do you think we are any closer to a CL spot as we stand today? Managerless, our support in disarray and our best players leaving - hardly progress in my mind

So your arguement that Aston Villa are now in a worse position than 5 years ago is based on the fact that you have run out of faith.

Well thank you for that. Well done.

Don't become a lawyer. Its not for you.

16th, 6th,6th,6th,9th - YES I believe we ARE closer to a CL spot that we were 5 years ago. 7 places closer in fact.

If all these secret meetings in Corsica have been true, then it is quite obvious that regardless of what people think; he has already been interviewed for the job. All this talk of him being interviewed in London I find amusing....they are probably just meeting up to celebrate!!

I very much doubt whether Alex McLeish has ever been to Corsica in his life.

I heard that he doesn't even own a passport. :?

PMSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSL!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMO the club will have to back him big and immediatly.

Foster, nzobia and adam will arrive in the first couple of day imo.

Wonder what the odds are on charlie adam being his first signing.

SSN said that Villa want to be kept informed of any bids and didn't AM make a bid for him in the Jan window?

If all these secret meetings in Corsica have been true, then it is quite obvious that regardless of what people think; he has already been interviewed for the job. All this talk of him being interviewed in London I find amusing....they are probably just meeting up to celebrate!!

I very much doubt whether Alex McLeish has ever been to Corsica in his life.

I heard that he doesn't even own a passport. :?

That's not true... he couldn't get one while he was at the sty because of the smog. He was offered a photograph taken with flash, but that would have given him 3rd degree burns...

Oh I'm going to enjoy this one:

"Pround History Bright Future was a five year plan which arguably has left us worse off at the end than we were are the start."

Go on then. Argue it. How are we worse off than 5 years ago. Enlighten me.

Five years ago I had enormous optimism and a real faith in what we could achieve - I don't have any real hope for the next five years

Do you think we are any closer to a CL spot as we stand today? Managerless, our support in disarray and our best players leaving - hardly progress in my mind

So your arguement that Aston Villa are now in a worse position than 5 years ago is based on the fact that you have run out of faith.

Well thank you for that. Well done.

Don't become a lawyer. Its not for you.

16th, 6th,6th,6th,9th - YES I believe we ARE closer to a CL spot that we were 5 years ago. 7 places closer in fact.

mate are you for real? we are a lot worse now, the inflated values of our players jus goes to cover our outrageous wage structure, and to pay off managers when they are dismissed in an incorrect way...

ok we have some promising young players but if you go back 5 years, we had Steven Davies, Gabby and Gary Cahill. the only difference from before is that we have average players on 30 to 50 grand a week instead of 10 to 25 grand - if you think that paying shit players big wages makes you a better team then quite frankly you are an idiot!

Ignoring all the hysteria and day dreaming, wouldnt it be great IF McLeish did take over, he guided us to a champions league placing in the league.

What a better way to stick it to our scummy neighbours by getting into the holy grail with their own manager whom by all accounts they seem pretty cut up about losing.

Still this is all still paper talk and all I read as he is being interviewed and is a possible candiate, just like im sure there will be other considerations.

I agree with the board in that with all mindless hate out of the window, is the potential manager good for the job? Does he fit the criteria and do they believe he will succeed?

Thats for them to decide, not me.

Ive never seen the point of dispelling someone or something untill signs show its not working. He could be great for us, he could be awful, suppose we may find out which sooner rather than later..

Big Eck is evidently a nice bloke, he's not the worst football manager either although his defensive style would bore me very quickly. I also believe that he and Gerard respect each other. (did GH recommend him?)

I've just run out of positives and have to say that none of what I've said above matters. To appoint AM in the face of overwhelming fan opposition would be ownership naivity of the highest order. If sanity prevails it won't happen.

IMO the club will have to back him big and immediatly.

Foster, nzobia and adam will arrive in the first couple of day imo.

As odd as it sounds I think it will hurt me more if the club do back him significantly. A lot of people have speculated that he will be backed in order to try and quell the fan backlash but why appoint him in the first place!?

So we are about to suffer the ultimate gut wrenching betrayal that the board can be bestowe upon us.

The bollocks PR media shite that has been spouted by our Yank owners 'Proud History Bright Future' and all this bullshit about following the heritage virtues and ethos of our great club are about to be rammed firmly up our ring piece.

The manager of a football club is the most important appointment that has to be made he will literally be the life blood of the club. He is the one that determines the ultimate success and our footballing philosophies and we are about to appointment the 'Birmingham City' manager but not just a SHA manager but a failed one. One that got them relegated twice playing the most boring and sterile football ever to disgrace the premiership.

Now I'm not a believer in protesting and the idiots that defaced Bodymoor Heath should be banned for life,but on this occassion staying silent seems so wrong. Say nothing and we meekly roll over and die. Moaning and voicing disapproval when things inevitably go tits up on the pitch is too late.

I say voice your disapproval in a non violent and non agressive manner, make it quite clear that AM is totally wrong in every aspect for this club.

Its then a simple case as to whether you disapprove so strongly as to continue your protest by not attending - afterall this is probably the only true protest that the board will truly understand but again its too late.

I really wasn't expecting to feel like this after all the crap we went through last season

Ignoring all the hysteria and day dreaming, wouldnt it be great IF McLeish did take over, he guided us to a champions league placing in the league.
Yeah, that'd be great, wouldn't it?

It would be really nice if Megan Fox rang me up asking if she could practice her blowjob technique on me, too.

I'll have one of what you're drinking.

Hmmmm it doesn't appear that anyone has posted this tweet from Phil McNulty

BBC Sport's Pat Murphy reporting that Alex McLeish has now interrupted his holiday to meet Villa owner Randy Lerner over manager's job.

Now doesn't that piss in the face of things reported in today's papers of it being done and dusted, and just ties in with the fact the board have stated they will interview him?

Still don't think it will be him, purely on the style of play he uses and what RL wants to have here.

It doesn't follow the pattern of GH and RM

Yes they are interviewing him, but they also interviewed Sven and Curbs and neither of them got the job.