• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Methinks we are worrying unnecessarily. The Yanks' job interviewing technique and parameters are a bit different to ours. As soon as AM opens his mouth, they'll send for a translator and they will soon realise that the man has no personality whatsoever and speaks in monosyllables. They will expect his wife, kids and his aunt Sally to attend the interview and they must all be football savvy. They will thank him for attending and send him on his way saying, "We'll call you ..... oh, on your way out, can you ask Mr Moyes to come in, please?" :)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If McLeish is appointed it will be our Hans getting frozen in carbonite moment.

On the plus side that means we'll have the destruction of the second death star, the ewoks, and the defeat of the empire to look forward to.

Just got home from work after getting an intense ribbing all evening about this crud. We're a laughing stock.

Actually, I'm just surprised you have had time for work with the amount of posting you've been doing over the last 7 years. :D

Love it

Putting all the hating aside for one minute.

You are Alex McLeish.

Why...... why would you accept the villa job.. when you know half the city want to burn you because your a traitor.. and the other half want to see you gone before you start?

OK he gets a job and alot of money.. but is it worth it? I hope he knocks it back......

Putting all the hating aside for one minute.

You are Alex McLeish.

Why...... why would you accept the villa job.. when you know half the city want to burn you because your a traitor.. and the other half want to see you gone before you start?

OK he gets a job and alot of money.. but is it worth it? I hope he knocks it back......

Can he afford to be picky? I wouldn't see him definitely getting a better opportunity, regardless of the circumstances.

Check out this scenario: The board lined up Frank Rijkaard to replace GH, regardless of what the doctors said, made the announcement a week after GH resigned, everyone's excited, Downing pledges his future to Villa, Bent as well, suddenly inquiries from agents around the world come flooding in, as quality players looking for a move to England would be tempted by Rijkaard's pedigree. Instead of this public humiliation that Villa are enduring right now, we'd be lining up transfers, and releasing the new kit.

But no.

:x

respect to mcleish if he comes knowing full well half the fans hate him already, would take some balls that, the kind that some of our players could do with tbf.

lol, fair point. Brass Balls.

respect to mcleish if he comes knowing full well half the fans hate him already, would take some balls that, the kind that some of our players could do with tbf.

Indeed.

Well McLeish might have balls if took the job if offered but we'd also be complete mugs to be giving a good job to an incredibly average Prem manager whos managed to get relegated twice in four years and paying him well for that privilage and maybe even ending payin g Blues good bit in the bargain.

Add that youve then also alienated vast majority of supporters by appointing him and then add his sides play mindcrushing awful antifootball and then McLeish's "balls" start to look a bit irrelevant.

And any "balls" by the board?

More like stupidity and madness.

One of the worst days being a Villa fan I can ever remember. Completely depressed, puzzled, angry, bemused, embarrassed, perplexed and every other negative adjective under the sun.

I was honestly looking forward to this summer. No more Villa, no more stress. How wrong I was.

Free plastic flags and mosaics aside, if they go through with this Randy and his team will have truly burn't their bridges with me and the majority of Villa fans.

Oh, and just when I thought my day couldn't get any worse, I'm the first person to post on the 666th page :| Kill me now!

Randy lener has no clue....I lived in Pittsburgh for 15 years...his Cleveland Browns are a complete joke,one bad appointment after another...finally he had to hire a general manager,a very expensive G.M to do his hiring..I pray to god we do not get A.M....I would genuinely fear for our premier league status!