• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

How would our board know that AM would quit? What have we been doing for the last 2 weeks?

I find it impossible to believe that we will hire McLeish as manager given how much of a risk it would be. We have just come off the back of a very difficult season under GH and the last thing we should do is hire a manager who is not backed by the majority of fans.

Let's hope this is all a smokescreen.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a question:

If AMcL gets the job and you're one of the (seemingly) thousands who swear they'll never spend a pound at the club until he's gone, will you be in the queue for tickets if he gets us to Wembley?

Be honest...

No they won't as they will have no ticket history :lol:

Well if this is the case I am done with RL and his board. Sorry but Doug would never go after a blues manager. Don't care what he has or hasn't done for AVFC this is a joke.

AM isn't even a great manager.

Pretty much the same record as MON, and hundreds went ti VP to greet him.

I am not here to promote Alex McLeish, but I am sure that a discussion will take place, and I am damn sure that he would do a lot better than many of the names bandied about as 'desirable'.

It is also worthwhile pointing out that he has been the most cautiously respectful Blues manager towards the city rivalry in recent memory.

Now if they were talking to Steve Bruce, I would be up in arms, but McLeish is okay.

He's won a lot more than Moyes as well :winkold:

The thought of Randy appointing McLeish would be the biggist **** you to fans I can remember in football. He just wouldn't do it at all so all this AM talk is nonsense. I'd stop watching football if he was appointed. Won't happen though.

Here's a question:

If AMcL gets the job and you're one of the (seemingly) thousands who swear they'll never spend a pound at the club until he's gone, will you be in the queue for tickets if he gets us to Wembley?

Be honest...

no, l feckin won't.......l have no interest in the Johnsons Paint Trophy.....

Well if this is the case I am done with RL and his board. Sorry but Doug would never go after a blues manager. Don't care what he has or hasn't done for AVFC this is a joke.

I am not here to promote Alex McLeish, but I am sure that a discussion will take place, and I am damn sure that he would do a lot better than many of the names bandied about as 'desirable'.

It is also worthwhile pointing out that he has been the most cautiously respectful Blues manager towards the city rivalry in recent memory.

Now if they were talking to Steve Bruce, I would be up in arms, but McLeish is okay.

Give to shites! Don't want the man.

Here's a question:

Be honest...

No quite simply, get the blues to wembley and look what happened to them. If we appointed him i cant see myself even following villa id be genuinely disgusted by it. Ill always be a villa fan but i couldnt follow the club whilst it was managed by mcleish.

I take it Randy has gone back to Corsica today to chat with McLeish?

Here's a question:

Be honest...

Are we talking a cup final here or trying to bring us back up through the play offs?

Here's a question:

Be honest...

Are we talking a cup final here or trying to bring us back up through the play offs?

:lol: