• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

The ex Small Heath thing doesn't bother me, his shite record and terrible terrible football does. If we were to appoint him I couldn't back the decision and I'd struggle to back him or Randy as a result. I think the backlash from fans would shock the board.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ex Small Heath thing doesn't bother me, his shite record and terrible terrible football does. If we were to appoint him I couldn't back the decision and I'd struggle to back him or Randy as a result. I think the backlash from fans would shock the board.

I take it Randy has gone back to Corsica today to chat with McLeish?

Is it confirmed that the plane went to Corsica?

Maybe RL has gone to visit his good friend GH as he continues his convalescence in Corsica?

Or maybe it's gone out to pick up RL, who may have been dropped there last time the jet visited the island?

Or maybe we should all just blindly panic based on the stronger than oak word of Sky Sports News?

I am not panicking. I am the sole individual that thinks he would do a good job.

You know all of us forget Randy Lerner has built up a massive sports franchise in the US.

no he hasnt

he was given it from his father, and im pretty sure the browns fans absolutely detest him and reckon he's ruining every chance theyve ever had of being anything

thats got nothing to do with villa tho

Questions?

Are SSN just trying to stoke up trouble between the two clubs?

Are Villa THAT desperate to appoint someone, anyone?

Really, honestly, won't anyone half reasonable take the job?

The smokescreen thing, is Mark Hughes asking too much and we're trying to pretend we have lots of options?

I hope Randy knows what he's doing.

Right all the "fans" who genuinely believe Mcleish is likely to be the new boss all need to post "im a muppet" when the new manager is announced and its not Mcleish. MM has also said "its not going to be Mcleish" not that it changes alot. The Mcleish scenario is another smokescreen. Where's Everton's official "Moyes is going nowhere"? Kenwright and Moyes are both very quiet considering usually they are very quick to put things to bed. A look at a few of Everton's message boards reveal panic and ive even read a few Everton "itk's" saying that "Moyes will be resigning" "Moyes has agreed 3.75 million 5 year deal with Villa" "Hughes imminent" etc. Id be very surprised now if we dont get Moyes put it that way. Laugh if you wish but it makes alot of sense to me.

Even Krulak himself has told "fans" to stop jumping on the media bandwagon as the media are totally clueless. First Benitez, Then Mclaren, Then Martinez and now Mcleish??. Come on people. Think about it. They are chasing shadows and just guessing. They have nothing solid to go on. The same as us. Randy has always liked Moyes. Moyes is the target again thats obvious. He has been very quiet for the last 3 weeks. Villa have been very quiet. Everton have been very quiet and Kenwright has been very quiet.

You know all of us forget Randy Lerner has built up a massive sports franchise in the US.

no he hasnt

he was given it from his father, and im pretty sure the browns fans absolutely detest him and reckon he's ruining every chance theyve ever had of being anything

thats got nothing to do with villa tho

The Browns are on the way back. Possible Playoff team this season coming or next. Following the hiring of Holmgren as GM. 2 fantastic drafts and the general feeling is Lerner has done a good job over the last few years.

Does he even fit the criteria?

poor signings

poor use of youth..

piss poor football

no... no... and no.

This! and what Trent said.

I couldn't give a **** if he is the Blues (ex) manager, the fact remains he is not the best available and he is not going to improve us.

It's the eye wateringly dull football that he gets his teams to play that make him a huge no from me.

I still can't believe our board would be that stupid. And to pay money for him? Blues should pay us if we took him off their hands.

No he hasn't he inherited it.

He did inherit Cleveland Browns and it's true they haven't been very successful on the field. However he's built it up since then to be massive commercially in the States.

the Browns have a bitter rivalry with the Steelers IIRC over a coach abandoning them.... Randy Lerner will know only too well these waters still run deep

I take it Randy has gone back to Corsica today to chat with McLeish?

Is it confirmed that the plane went to Corsica?

Maybe RL has gone to visit his good friend GH as he continues his convalescence in Corsica?

Or maybe it's gone out to pick up RL, who may have been dropped there last time the jet visited the island?

Or maybe we should all just blindly panic based on the stronger than oak word of Sky Sports News?

I am not panicking. I am the sole individual that thinks he would do a good job.

I'm not sure, but I'm willing to give him a chance should he be appointed.

Unlike almost everyone else who is slating Lerner and McLeish before a manager is in place. Madness.

Take a step back everyone, relax, let Lerner choose the manager. When he does, lets give that manager a minimum of 6 months and then decide whether it was a good appointment.

Chill.

This is confusing.

• [*:1301312c97]We wrote to Wigan, now we're emailing (not a big deal i know).
    [*:1301312c97]He is shit.
    [*:1301312c97]He managed our biter rivals.
    [*:1301312c97]He just walked out, something we're led to believe Randy was not impressed in regard to Hughes.
    [*:1301312c97]Some respected journo's are claiming they have seen the email.
    [*:1301312c97]It makes no sense.
    [*:1301312c97]Lerner must have had a mental lapse.

I don't think AM would do a bad job actually (as in we'd be mid-table, nothing more nothing less) but I struggle to see the attraction to the Board, boring football, no evident youth policy, questionable record in the transfer market... even if he was interviewed I couldn't see him getting the nod. He always seemed too decent for the noses and I can see why that would appeal to Randy but no, can't see it. If he does come though I won't throw a hissy fit and turn my back on the club.

We've sent an email to small heath telling them that we don't need their permission to speak to McGinger because he's resigned. Anyone spotted the gaping hole in that story?

"Oi, We don't need to speak to you, just so you know!"

Apart from the whole idea being completely against the Lerner ethos, it must be true!

How can the choice of manager ever make you love the club less? I can understand lowering your expectations ,or losing patience with the board and owner, but nothing should ever make you love Aston Villa any less.

Blues are ready to use injunctions to prevent Villa speaking to Alex McLeish until compensation is agreed..

Compensation for AM is 5 million which reduces to around 3 on June 30th as Ap;ex ends the first year of his contract

So McLeish - 30th June

or

Hughes - 1st July

No brainer.