• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Blues emailed Villa first, so Villa replied by email. Sharp, swift response as and when required. Just in time for the Sky Sports News rush hour too.

In fact, part of me is hoping that RL's jet is flying to Corsica empty just for shits and giggles :)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thoroughly disgusted if we appoint this man

RIP AVFC

Proud History Bright future.

Nothing bright about appointing an ex scum manager from across the city i refuse to step one foot in VP untill he's gone and the place has been fumigated.

He's took them down twice one fluke trophy where the goalkeeper gifted them a goal sorry not good enough.. plays 1 dimensional wooden football with 10 men behind it Darren Bent is going to love that style of football.. cant say i look forward to watching old grafters rather than flare players either Makoun is going to love it as well

I will gladly eat my words and a whole slice of humble pie should lerner do the right thing and appoint a manager of sufficient calibre to have us competing in the premier league and not staving off relegation

Im on holiday in Latvia and Estonia, been keeping an eye on VT on hostel computers over the past week or so. This Mcleish talk is worrying (not because of the blues, but because hes a shit manager). Dont think it will happen though, just want him ruled out so I can keep enjoying my holiday!

Right all the "fans" who genuinely believe Mcleish is likely to be the new boss all need to post "im a muppet" when the new manager is announced and its not Mcleish. MM has also said "its not going to be Mcleish" not that it changes alot. The Mcleish scenario is another smokescreen. Where's Everton's official "Moyes is going nowhere"? Kenwright and Moyes are both very quiet considering usually they are very quick to put things to bed. A look at a few of Everton's message boards reveal panic and ive even read a few Everton "itk's" saying that "Moyes will be resigning" "Moyes has agreed 3.75 million 5 year deal with Villa" "Hughes imminent" etc. Id be very surprised now if we dont get Moyes put it that way. Laugh if you wish but it makes alot of sense to me.

Even Krulak himself has told "fans" to stop jumping on the media bandwagon as the media are totally clueless. First Benitez, Then Mclaren, Then Martinez and now Mcleish??. Come on people. Think about it. They are chasing shadows and just guessing. They have nothing solid to go on. The same as us. Randy has always liked Moyes. Moyes is the target again thats obvious. He has been very quiet for the last 3 weeks. Villa have been very quiet. Everton have been very quiet and Kenwright has been very quiet.

I know I know, I'm trying to stay level headed and I know (damn I preach it) I shouldnt believe anything the press say until its out there.

I guess its these kind of rumours just scare me, especially when it dawns on you it could very well be a "possibility". A few days ago I wouldnt have thoguht in my wildest nightmares for a minute alex mccleish could be our new boss but now hes resigned and there's constant talk...well.

I'm constantly reassuring and telling myself and I will ultimately reserve judgement until after its done...but seriously my heart rate is slowly climbing up up and through the roof at the very notion this is even a possiibility.

Here's a question:

If AMcL gets the job and you're one of the (seemingly) thousands who swear they'll never spend a pound at the club until he's gone, will you be in the queue for tickets if he gets us to Wembley?

Be honest...

I think this is a personal thing and everyone will have different views. Mine are as follows ...

No, I wont renew.

I've had a season ticket since '92 (give or take 2 years in the middle somewhere), and started going down regulalry in '82 aged ten.

I think in recent seasons my enthusiasm has waned a bit anyway, due to our never ending inability to keep a good side together and find the last piece of the puzzle.

Now for me, I couldn't care less who McLeish managed previously (although the fact he's managed two of my least favourite teams on the plant may have some bearing subconciously), I just think the bloke is useless.

His teams play awful/negative football, he's got the blose relegated TWICE and his redeeming factor is he won them the cup. I've always been in the 'anyone can win a cup with a bit of luck' group so I can't say that swings my feelings either.

At a time when our once great club is at a crossroads, in every sense. And with season tickets going up again (despite best players being sold each season), for the the board to even think McLeish is the man to bring back the glory days is absolutely absurd to me. There is absolutely no logic to that at all. He's relegated our neighbours TWICE. And we're supposed to all believe he's the right man to take us forward ?

On what possible level would that be true ?

So, for me personally i'd just let my July 6th renewal day go by and keep my £410 in my pocket for something worthwhile.

I may go to the odd game, I may not. But i'll always support the team of course, thats in the blood. But so is family, and we all move away from those and get on with our lives.

If I gave in and blindly followed like i have done for the last 20 years, i'd feel ashamed to put my money into the club when the board were clearly taking the piss out of me big time.

And you only need to look back through my old posts to know i've always been in the 'support your team and get off your backside' party. But there comes a time when you start thinking your being taken for a ride.

We shall just have to see what happens. I still can't believe our board are THAT stupid, or desperate. I live in hope they aren't.

You know all of us forget Randy Lerner has built up a massive sports franchise in the US.

No he hasn't he inherited it.

He did inherit Cleveland Browns and it's true they haven't been very successful on the field. However he's built it up since then to be massive commercially in the States.

the Browns have a bitter rivalry with the Steelers IIRC over a coach abandoning them.... Randy Lerner will know only too well these waters still run deep

As a keen Browns fan, I can confirm they have always been big. Randy hasn't actually done a lot except make bad personnel choices at the top since he has been there. They are moving in the right direction now because a football man (Mike Holmgren) is in charge and knows what he is doing. Randy has stepped further in to the shadows which is where the Browns like him mostly. Until calling for him to be more media savvy much like our lot.

It concerns me that AVFC is likely in PF's hands which highlights a bad personnel decision at the top.

Well if we have made an enquiry for Mcleish - thats it IMO - he will be our next manager. I am not bothered that he has managed blues - my concern - is that really the best we could do ? - Why haven't we gone for Mark Hughes (the loyalty argument totally gone)

Any updates from MM - who was adamant this morning it wouldn't be Mcleish

bensmith_Times Ben Smith

Have seen the email #AVFC sent to #BCFC. Explosive stuff from both sides but what is clear is Villa want McLeish.

If this doesn't raise a few alarms bells, I don't know what can. I don't think it will happen, but if we are trying to talk to him, not a great indication of club direction.

Well either MM is wrong this time or Birmingham City are making up emails and sending them to the big press boys like The Times. If Blues are making up emails, and handed them out to the press, then surely there would be possible legal consequences?

Blues emailed Villa first, so Villa replied by email. Sharp, swift response as and when required. Just in time for the Sky Sports News rush hour too.

In fact, part of me is hoping that RL's jet is flying to Corsica empty just for shits and giggles :)

That makes sense then, slightly different perspective. small heath allowed us to take the piss out of them, even funnier

And Yes I hope the Jet is doing something similar

Right all the "fans" who genuinely believe Mcleish is likely to be the new boss all need to post "im a muppet" when the new manager is announced and its not Mcleish. MM has also said "its not going to be Mcleish" not that it changes alot. The Mcleish scenario is another smokescreen. Where's Everton's official "Moyes is going nowhere"? Kenwright and Moyes are both very quiet considering usually they are very quick to put things to bed. A look at a few of Everton's message boards reveal panic and ive even read a few Everton "itk's" saying that "Moyes will be resigning" "Moyes has agreed 3.75 million 5 year deal with Villa" "Hughes imminent" etc. Id be very surprised now if we dont get Moyes put it that way. Laugh if you wish but it makes alot of sense to me.

Even Krulak himself has told "fans" to stop jumping on the media bandwagon as the media are totally clueless. First Benitez, Then Mclaren, Then Martinez and now Mcleish??. Come on people. Think about it. They are chasing shadows and just guessing. They have nothing solid to go on. The same as us. Randy has always liked Moyes. Moyes is the target again thats obvious. He has been very quiet for the last 3 weeks. Villa have been very quiet. Everton have been very quiet and Kenwright has been very quiet.

I like you, and I like how you are thinking. I will keep the faith and pray for Moyes. I have all sorts of people texting me about this, bets in work that he won't be manager. Lets see...

This just doesn't make any sense!! AM resigns, for whatever reason, and we then contact SHA to ask if we can speak to him?? If he resigns then surely anyone can speak to him?

My guess if there is an email knocking about it reads like this:

SHA to AVFC - "Our manager has resigned and if you want to speak to him we're going to make you pay us £5m"

AVFC to SHA - "Thanks for the contact. We'll speak to any manager we want to, now jog on"

Well if we have made an enquiry for Mcleish - thats it IMO - he will be our next manager. I am not bothered that he has managed blues - my concern - is that really the best we could do ? - Why haven't we gone for Mark Hughes (the loyalty argument totally gone)

You don't honestly believe that..

Can we dig up Hitler?

Whilst his defence and attack policy didn't work he had some great long play and could hold his own tactically in the opposition half. It was only the latter part of the campaign that it fell apart. He lost key key signings like Russia and Italy but still carried on.

I mean when you look at Scottish records it really was parking the bus territory. As we knowna frenchman in charge is a failure. Perhaps we should go for some nutter Dutchman to keep things casual with a few biftas and some stroopwaffles

No way have we contacted them via email.

No way have we contacted them on any significant level

No way is Mcleish coming to Villa

As for the journo saying he's seen the email, well **** me how hard is it for anyone to knock up a bullshit email. Move on nothing to see here.

Who has the most to gain by promoting the story McCleish to Villa?

The press that's who!!!

Angry Villa fans ringing in Talktripe at £1.50 per minute threatening to burn their season tickets outside the club shop.

Angry Brummies emailing and texting SSN....

Just what the doctor ordered to fill those endless days of a not much going on because everyone and their uncle is lying on a beach somewhere

exotic....

It's just like Rafa going to Villa all day on SSN last week...... only to find that actually later... He's NOT going to Villa!